cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Sunseeker 2500

BFSLINC
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for some input from owners of Forest River Sunseekers. We have downsized from an Itasca 34ft Meridian DP to a 2013 25ft Sunseeker, Ford chassis. We had to due to our senior lab having had a stroke last year and going up into the bigger rig is out of the question. Chose the FR for the lower steps and less steep ramp angle. Anyway, can you all give me some likes and dislikes for this rig? My hubby is all round fix it, mechanic, car builder etc. So he can deal with mostly anything in that area. Guess I'd like to know how much you like it, and how it handles etc.
Thanks for any comments you can share.
8 REPLIES 8

TGuinther
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a new 2650, after having a 40ft diesel, and then a 5th wheel. We love the size and found no deficiencies so far, for the price. It has a good 3 stage converter. Water pump is fine the way it is. We will probably upgrade the chassis w/bilsteins, a rear sway bar, and steering controller for wind conditions. We are happy not having to pull a toad all the time.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I think those have a fiberglass roof and end cap. Other than the vinyl trim as mentioned, I don't think there would be any issues. I would probably replace a couple things just for kicks. I don't know what battery converter it uses, but if it is a single stage, I'd chuck it and get a good three stage. Similar with the water pump -- if it is a single speed, I'd add an accumulator tank, or upgrade to a variable speed model. These are small things, but will make life easier on the road.

Of course, it is nice to add solar, a MPPT controller, and an inverter, but that can get expensive.

Grandpa_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2011 28 foot unit, happy with it, very good for the price we paid new. If I had a complaint, it would be the trim being vinyl coated covering or something along those lines. Drawer and cabinet door fronts appear to be wood but the trim and frame are this lower cost material. Other than that, I have no complaints.

BFSLINC
Explorer
Explorer
I should have been more clear, hahaa. Our dog was not the sole reason. We do have 2 and they go with us everywhere, that being said. We used to travel for weeks from the East coast out here to the West. Now we live here and don't need to be gone for 5 or 6 weeks at a time. So we wanted a smaller one to go more often for less time. Sounds funny that we only did it for the dog. Silly me... she was a big factor but not the only one. And we don't kennel them either, plus too, I can drive this one much easier than the DP. Whew, I am long winded now. Sorry all. thanks for the comments. ๐Ÿ™‚

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
jdog wrote:
All for the dog, wow!

I'm with you. wow!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a 2012 Sunseeker 2450 a couple of months ago. Love the floor plan and the corner bed is a serta pillow top and is so comfortable. It seems to be the perfect size for DH, me and dogs!
We went to the Gulf Coast for a week with no toad and it worked out fine.

jdog
Explorer
Explorer
All for the dog, wow!

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
forest river forumgo here

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f18/