cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New tires

tnmotonana
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody put new tires on a class c lately? They unit we are looking at has sit for a couple of years and the tires look dry rotted. How much are we looking at for good tires?
19 REPLIES 19

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Just today 6 Michelins' 225/75/16 Ca fee ? disposal fee? $150 for certs for full replacement if road hazard comes standard with now prorated if something happens to tires and metal stems . $1356.79 Plus getting a $70 mail in Visa card (ends tomorrow Feb 28th) so I prepaid $100.00 and will be getting them on in 2 weeks.. I can take off the $150 but have two weeks to decide if I want to or not? Then total would be $1206.79 then minus the $70 visa card = $1136.79
From America's tire.
I priced the Michelins' everywhere I could best price was $180 per tire plus fees and that was from America's tire even tire rack wanted $180 per ...

Explorer1016
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like the OP might have abandoned the thread.
2008 Host 300 Super 'C'
2008 Ford F-550 Chassis
Diesel
4x4
Lariat crew cab
20' enclosed car hauler/garage
'87 Jeep rock crawler
Turbo'd

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
What's on there now? If they are Michelins they might be part of this recall:

Michelin Recall

I got a new set last year for free.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Gene_in_NE
Explorer II
Explorer II
tnmotonana wrote:
Anybody put new tires on a class c lately? They unit we are looking at has sit for a couple of years and the tires look dry rotted. How much are we looking at for good tires?

Per Discount Tire you should be able to pick from $92 to $236 each. Your choice as to which brand and how many.

Unless you plan on driving over the stated miles expectation, you are probably wasting money on buying the higher mileage tires. They should be replaced after 5-8 years depending on the part of the country they are driven.

There are some on this forum that believe the more you pay, the safer the tire. I have had a new tire experience a blowout on my pickup. I have tires on a 1990 minivan that were the least expensive available in 1996 and have 35,000 miles on them.
2002 Trail-Lite Model 211-S w/5.7 Chevy (click View Profile)
Gene

Community Alumni
Not applicable
This from the company web site:

"Discount Tire and America's Tire are two unique names for one nationwide company. Discount Tire started in Michigan in 1960 and has since spread its wings from coast to coast with over 800 stores. However, in some regions, other companies already held the name 'Discount' in a similar context. In these regions, we go by the name America's Tire. This name embodies our truly national presence and reinforces our position as the most friendly, courteous and knowledgeable tire experts in the country.

Any purchase made at any Discount Tire or America's Tire store can be serviced at locations bearing either name."

While traveling, I decided that I was too far from home to trust my tires to get home safely. I had Discount Tires install six Michelin tires replacing the original Continentals. My choice for the tire store and brand of tires was because I am likely to be far from home if I have an issue with tires, I wanted a commonly available tire and a nationwide chain to rely on. At home, the store is America's Tire, I read in the local paper that some of the locations will be changing the name to Discount Tire and Internet inquiries will be redirected to the Discount Tire Website.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased 6 Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S LT235 /85 R16 120R E1 for just over 1000.00 out the door from Discount Tire earlier this year. This is our second set of Yokohama's, because of where we live we replace tire after 4 years, and have been very pleased with them.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

FW
Explorer
Explorer
If an FMCA member check into their Michelin Advantage Program.
Just over $1500 for seven(7) LT225/75rx16 load range E
on BTCruiser with 10 year old tires.
Good luck.
FW
Frank
Full time since 1/3/03
2005 BTCruiser 28.5' Always
2002 Chevy Tracker 4x4 Sometimes

Explorer1016
Explorer
Explorer
klutchdust wrote:
Michelins, America's tire around 1200. They will match tire racks pricing. And they will service your vehicle outside the building. AND they do FREE tire pressure checks anytime you pull

into their designated "pressure check" area. AND free tire rotation every 5000 miles.

AND lifetime spin balancing .

America's Tire is only in Oregon, Washington and California. The rest of the country knows them as Discount Tire. Same company but for some reason they had to open in California by a different name.

Just an FYI for the OP since it looks like he/she is located in Tennessee
2008 Host 300 Super 'C'
2008 Ford F-550 Chassis
Diesel
4x4
Lariat crew cab
20' enclosed car hauler/garage
'87 Jeep rock crawler
Turbo'd

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Michelins, America's tire around 1200. They will match tire racks pricing. And they will service your vehicle outside the building. AND they do FREE tire pressure checks anytime you pull

into their designated "pressure check" area. AND free tire rotation every 5000 miles.

AND lifetime spin balancing .

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced my Michelin tires about 1 1/2 years ago. 6 Michelin 225/75x16 for just over 1400.00. Very pleased.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, we just spent around $1500 for 6 new BF Goodrich 225/75 x16 on our 31C. Absolutely get the metal stems installed. We also went with metal extenders from Borge.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did the michilins . I think are the best , MAKE SURE you get NEW METAL stems ,and quility flex lines if its a duel wheel in the rear. find a BIG tire dealer that handles 18teen wheelers,

tred0956
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced mine last spring, 6 Toyo Open Country H/T's, mounted and balanced with metal valve stems, about $1300 Cdn. Great tires!

Oznick
Explorer
Explorer
I put firestones on my 31 minnie for around $1500
They have been great and handled some really
Crap roads in Mexico . The rig in general handled
So much better with the new tyres even though the
old ones weren't that bad.