cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Class A RVs--Driver comfort & safety features?

Leeza888
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All, I'm just starting to look at Class As and moving out of a truck and travel trailer combination. Do the captain chairs have heated and cooled seat options like in cars and trucks? We like the feature and wondering if this exists. Also what kind of driver safety features do the As have apart from seat belts? I realize that riding up high in a big rig you may not need them, but do safety air bags exist?
Thanks in advance for your assistance. -L.
Leeza
2010 Fun Finder X-210WBS
2010 F-150
6 REPLIES 6

Leeza888
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I too thought I'd never use the cooled seats in our F-150 but now I think it's a fantastic feature and helps cool us off quickly without the need to blast the A/C. I'm surprised that the As don't have them.
Leeza
2010 Fun Finder X-210WBS
2010 F-150

Stanmawyer
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that most, if not all American Coach products have heated and massage seats. Our 06 Heritage has heated and massage seats with at least 9 massage settings for each front seat. For safety, we also have VORAD collision avoidance system.
All the Best,
Captain Stan
2006 American Heritage 600HP

BobandShaz
Explorer
Explorer
I think I would like ventilation in my seat, just air from around the seat.
Bob and Sharon

2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Roadpilot wrote:
Ours are heated and they have a massage mode, but honestly I've never used either. First I never go anywhere where I would need a heated seat. We like warm. And secondly, we always keep the MH temperature quite livable. I'd never need the seat only cooled. We do have seat belts although not 3 point and we have no air bags. No MhH I've ever owned has had air bags. We weigh a lot. It would take something to stop us short enough to trigger airbags. We do have an Isri air ride seat which keeps me pretty comfortable.

A Prevost is about a cool million dollars. I would have expected more than heated seats.

Heck my new Cherokee has heated and cooled seats.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Roadpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Ours are heated and they have a massage mode, but honestly I've never used either. First I never go anywhere where I would need a heated seat. We like warm. And secondly, we always keep the MH temperature quite livable. I'd never need the seat only cooled. We do have seat belts although not 3 point and we have no air bags. No MhH I've ever owned has had air bags. We weigh a lot. It would take something to stop us short enough to trigger airbags. We do have an Isri air ride seat which keeps me pretty comfortable.
Tiffin Wayfarer 25TW
15 Mini Cooper S

glamisorbust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of them don't have heated and cooled seats. Although i'm sure you can have them installed for a lot of money. They don't come with airbags, seat belts are the only safety feature. Some have anti-lock brakes, some don't. If you want airbags, maybe look at a class C, as most of those would have airbags.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 38'. Cummins ISB 275, allison 3060.
Toys pulled: 22x8.5 open deck PJ flatbed. 5200# axles. Sand car with ecotec engine. Multiple 1980's ATC's(3 wheelers). We're duners!