cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New to RVing...have a question

kduquette
Explorer
Explorer
We are thinking of purchasing a 2013, 2014 or 2015 Coachman Mirada 29DS and want to know if anyone out there has one and how they like it? any issues with this model etc. etc.

Thanks!

Kim D
9 REPLIES 9

vjstangelo
Explorer
Explorer
I'd like to chime in. We saw the Coachman's at Hershey RV show and spoke with the factory rep. The really BIG plus for the Coachman's is the walls are made with Adzel which is a synthetic material that won't rot like luan when wet.

There are not many Motorhomes made with Adzel and to me is a big plus for the price point.

Also, I believe the roof of the Mirada is fiberglass, another big plus.

I would like to hear from other Mirada owners about their experience...
2012 Winnebago Vista 32K
2011 Honda CRV Toad

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
I stand corrected, Chuckftboy. I misunderstood the OP.
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, the more I think about it, all these naysayers are probably right. You shouldn't buy anything better than this or you might regret it.

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
The 2016's are out. I don't think the OP was referring to a new rig. Not many new 2013's out there.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
Don't do it. Shop carefully for a GENTLY used higher end model from a FUSSY OWNER. You can have a nicer RV while saving big money.
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy

tjfogelberg
Explorer
Explorer
Don't own one. You could check RVConsumergroup and review their report. (It gets "ok" ratings in various categories but nothing to write home about.) I like the size - not too big. Folks make the mistake of buying larger rigs and find that they can be difficult to handle and end up not using them as much as they had thought. I have a 27' and that is close to the size you are looking at. Do a careful inspection and make sure things are well constructed and that the furniture is constructed. I like the Ford V10. Todd

(We're entering a slower time in the RV biz, maybe offer less than asking price and see what happens. Don't overpay).

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
BT,DT, expensive lesson learned. Our MH lasted less than two years before we figured out it was not our lifestyle at the time, and sold it taking a huge financial hit. That is the reason I suggested the OP start with something far less expensive. I dont know many people who are really enthused about throwing 30,40% of their investment away if the RV life turns out not to be their cup of tea.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Awful lot of money for your first ever RV! Personally I would start out with a first something much more used. And certainly much less expensive.

Welcome to the forum!

That is actually a very reasonably priced motor home. They run from $80K to $115K. They are well equipped and should last you many years. Don't fall for the trap of buying a stripped down entry model. You'll be right back to buy an upgraded model in a year or two. And if you do, the overall cost with depreciation, etc. will cost you much more in the long run.

You know what you can afford, so spend wisely, and purchase what you want!

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awful lot of money for your first ever RV! Personally I would start out with a first something much more used. And certainly much less expensive.