cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no chassis power

LtDan_almost_re
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I have a 2014 Winnebago Adventurer 37F with a Ford chassis. I have no power to the chassis switch. My batteries are fully charged and I am getting 13 volts to all cables. This happened after a rain storm but not a heavy one. I have checked out the switch and swapped it with the house switch and it works fine. My front curtains are electric and they don't work. I checked all breakers under the inverter and they are OK. I checked the large fuses under the hood and they are OK. The positive cable goes to a 3 inch long fuse and there was no power on the other side so I jumped the other side to bypass but no luck. I don't have any headlights or signal lights and nothing works on the dashboard. I have someone coming tomorrow but he will be late and it is the last day at my campsite?? LOL. Any help would be appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5

MrWizard
Congrats for a fast fix
And thanks for posting the problem and solution
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

LtDan_almost_re
Explorer
Explorer
I hired Vacation Savers, Dru and Scott and they found fuses blown and a solenoid that was toast. I never use the shut off switch so I had them put the wires together and eliminated the switch. Problem solved and very happy with their service. Also found a leak by drivers door that may have caused the short

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
If your ignition switch was off, water should have no immediate effect.
Locate your ignition relay. It energizes when ignition switch is in the one position.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

LtDan_almost_re
Explorer
Explorer
I think I know the cause, heavy rain storm last night and my window was leaking and ran down the door to mirror switch and shade switch. Batteries are fine. What large fuse are you talking about?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Has there been any work done on the batteries?
Have you checked the large fuse?
Inverters usually work off coach batteries.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker