cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No power to the front of a 2003 newmar dutch star.

Hughesii
Explorer
Explorer

8 REPLIES 8

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II

Which batteries did you disconnect and clean, the chassis batteries (engine start) How many are there? Or the house batteries (powers the interior lights and bathroom exhaust fans and such)?

Since you know how to check for voltage I would start by measuring and recording your battery voltage at the battery. Write it down if you need to because it might come in handy during testing. Now trace the battery positive cable as far as you can looking for a junction block, a fusible link or anything that looks like it's not part of the wire. Check for battery voltage at that junction. If you get battery voltage great, move further down the line and keep checking. Alternatively go straight to the fusebox in the coach and see if you get battery voltage at any of the fuses. Just find a ground and then back probe both sides of each fuse to see it you have battery voltage.
Ground the meter and poke the positive into each hole on the fuses. You should get the same voltage on both holes. If voltage on only one hole the fuse is blown.

D42LGth

2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

Thanks for your reply. I disconnected all of the batteries, 2 chassis & 4 coach. The coach side is working fine, but I can't find any power coming from the chassis side, I tried to follow the leads but after they come through the wall from the battery tray they go into a cluster of wires and I can't see where they go and I don't see any fuses on the tray side or the other side. I've checked the lead coming to the engine disconnect and I don't see power there either.

Hughesii
Explorer
Explorer

Here's some more info.

Went to start my motorhome last Friday for us to go away for a few days and when I turn the key on nothing lights up on the dash, the leveling panel also doesn't come on and the generator doesn't start from the panel inside or at the generator. Everything was working on Saturday when I started it and moved it, I did disconnect the batteries and cleaned the cables but I've doubled and tripled checked that everything is hooked back up and hooked up correctly.

I don't even see any power coming to the dis-connect switch, both batteries are showing 12v, I don't know where to check next.

pianotuna
Nomad III
Nomad III

Check the starter battery with a volt meter.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator

You posted this in the community feedback section which is for technical issues with the website itself. Hopefully a Mod will move it to the appropriate section. 

As to your issue, we might need a little more information to help. What exactly is out? Chassis/dash etc, 12V lights, 120 V circuits/outlets? Are you on shore power, battery, generator? As I am sure you know, power and front can mean several things in a MH. 

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

When I turn on the key nothing comes on/lights up, the leveling panel doesn't turn on, the generator has no power on the control panel on dash our at the switch on the generator. Everything in the coach seems to be working.

Have you checked the voltage on your chassis battery?

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

yes I've got 12v. It powered up and started a week ago Saturday but I've got nothing when i turned the key on last Friday to start it.