cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Not airing on both sides

danny124
Explorer
Explorer
What can. A use my 2004 to only air up on the left side and not the right?
10 REPLIES 10

JetAonly
Explorer
Explorer
FWIW, I had mine do the same thing. All the rubber doodads were rotted. I suggest you replace them all.
2000 Monaco Dynasty
ISC350

danny124
Explorer
Explorer
Turns out my problem was a rubber grommet or whatever you want to call it. It had rotted to the point of allowing the ride height adjuster on the right front to not function as it should. I happened to have a couple of spares. Thanks for your comments.

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
Sure, if either of the rear ride height valves/rods was bad or out of adjustment, it could cause this. The rears DO control left/right ride height.

Again, we need to hear back from the OP.

Brett,
If a single ride height valve on the rear, if that rear valve went bad wouldn't it effect both sides of the rear? Or, could it still go bad and only effect one or the other side of the rear ride height?
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
mtrumpet wrote:
JimM68 wrote:
Most chassis have 3 height valves, one centered on the front axle, and 2 on the rear, one on each side.

...Right. Which is why I'm confused by the OP's question. I can see the front not airing up on one side, which could point to a bad ride-height valve on that side, but not the rear only on one side.

JimM68,
My Spartan chassis is the opposite. I have one on each side on the front (IFS) and one in the center of the rear.
Mark & Cherie

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Sure, if either of the rear ride height valves/rods was bad or out of adjustment, it could cause this. The rears DO control left/right ride height.

Again, we need to hear back from the OP.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
JimM68 wrote:
Most chassis have 3 height valves, one centered on the front axle, and 2 on the rear, one on each side.

...Right. Which is why I'm confused by the OP's question. I can see the front not airing up on one side, which could point to a bad ride-height valve on that side, but not the rear only on one side.
Mark & Cherie

JimM68
Explorer
Explorer
Jim M.
2008 Monaco Knight 40skq, moho #2
The "68"
My very own new forumfirstgens.com

My new blog

VintageRacer
Explorer
Explorer
a bad leveling/ height control valve can cause that to happen. the valve is mounted on the chassis and has a rod connected to the axle. It is supposed to let air into the air springs until the correct height has been reached. If the rod is disconnected the valve will think it's at the correct height and not send air to the suspension.

Brian
2005 F250 Supercab, Powerstroke, 5 speed automatic, 3.73 gears.
20 ft race car hauler, Lola T440 Formula Ford, NTM MK4 Sports Racer
1980 MCI MC-5C highway coach conversion
2004 Travelhawk 8' Truck Camper

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
danny124 wrote:
What can. A use my 2004 to only air up on the left side and not the right?

I'm sorry, I'm having difficulty understanding your question.

Are you saying that you only WANT to air up the left side but not the right? OR, are you saying that only the left side is airing up and not the right?
Mark & Cherie

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Danny,

We are going to need more information to be of assistance.

What chassis?

Does the right side ever air up?

After full air pressure is built and you turn off the engine, does a walk around reveal any "escaping air" sounds?

Have you checked the ride height valves and rods-- easy to bend or break if you run over something?
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/