cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NOW is the BEST TIME TO RV.

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
If you can schedule a trip NOW - IMHO this is the best time to RV - ............ weather is GREAT Most if noT all Locations are not crowded. The sky is as Blue as it gets and the air is clear -- If you can GET OUT SIDE NOW. For the next few months it's as GooD as it Gets.

Am I alone in this feeling?

jmho,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach
24 REPLIES 24

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
This is the time of year the snowbirds start their trip south. Best life around 🙂
There’s no fool, like an old fool.

Carm
Explorer
Explorer
Heading out tomorrow for 10 days of cool but sunny touring is Southern BC. No traffic, no crowds, no bugs.
1994 Bounder 32, F53, 460

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Personally, I can't think of a bad time to RV, but if you are anywhere in the foliage color areas, go and enjoy!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Ro646a
Explorer
Explorer
We are heading out on Saturday.
Roland
1999 American Dream 40 DVS
2011 Jeep Liberty
Roadmaster Sterling Towbar
Brake Buddy

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Busskipper wrote:
If you can schedule a trip NOW - IMHO this is the best time to RV - ............ weather is GREAT Most if noT all Locations are not crowded. The sky is as Blue as it gets and the air is clear -- If you can GET OUT SIDE NOW. For the next few months it's as GooD as it Gets.Am I alone in this feeling?jmho,

Nope whole heatedly agree.

The FIRST time I ever drove the MH south of the mason dixie line in summer was the LAST time I ever did it. Boy does it get hot.

Since then I never took another run with the MH during the summer months in the south. It's just not any fun. Between trying to keep the dogs cool and having to leave early to hit the road so you can come off the road before the mid day hot sun tries to cook you, I only travel in the south 'after' October 1st! And get back off the road by May 1st. :B

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
Nooooooooooooo! Its a really really bad time to going RVing! Please stay home!:B

I'm leaving Sunday!;)
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

OutdoorPhotogra
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on where you are for less crowds but definitely great time to camp. I couldn't get a spot near Gettysburg when I was trying to book 8 weeks out for weekend of 17th. Apparently that is "first Halloween weekend?"
2008 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 5th Wheel
F-250 6.2 Gasser

Former PUP camper (Rockwood Popup Freedom 1980)

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We're head'n out next weekend to Kentucky then to east TN. Love cooler weather!

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Anytime there are less crowds, it's a good time to RV.
Except when it's cold and snowing.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
Nope. Bang on, as far as I'm concerned.