cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinion: 2013 Monaco LaPalma 32SBD

khaliss
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to upgrade into a new 2013 Monaco LaPalma 32SBD and trading in our existing ClassC.
Link here

Test drove it last night, very impressed. Afraid to pull the trigger due to cost (although we are getting a really decent deal) and the fact that we only RV like 5-6 times a year. If we were full time RVers, this would be a no-brainer haha.

Anyone have this motor coach? What do you guys think of Monaco as a brand? Need opinions on this rig, as far the good/bad, resale value, etc. Sorry, I'm relatively an RV newbie.
Vacation House on-wheels
2013 Monaco LaPalma 32SBD
acquired brand-new 7/2/13 :W
---d'RIG---
23 REPLIES 23

khaliss
Explorer
Explorer
just checked out insurance... we are paying $260/year with our Class C, now it would jump to $690! Wow that's a big jump, don't know if Progressive got their quote right.
Vacation House on-wheels
---d'RIG---

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
bluwtr49 wrote:
KilroyGuy wrote:
Monaco is now an orphan brand. Parts will be very difficult to come by if the past is any indication.

Not quite correct, it's not an orphan and parts are plentiful. Folks have made the same unfounded claims about other orphans that are largely incorrect.

Remember that very few components are coach specific and, even if so, were likely not made by the manufacturer.

Disagree, I have an 05 Monaco and have no problems when I need something. Government also requires if they were to go out which they are now part of Winny, that they have to supply parts for 10 years.

mena661
Explorer
Explorer
khaliss wrote:
thanks for the feedback guys. The price on the 32BSD is going turn out around $105K (including the assessed trade-in value of our Class-C RV, after fees+taxes). Does that sound like a fair deal?
Sounds pretty good to me. I'd accept that.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
KilroyGuy wrote:
Monaco is now an orphan brand. Parts will be very difficult to come by if the past is any indication.

You are just guessing. They haven't shut anything down

khaliss
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for the feedback guys. The price on the 32BSD is going turn out around $105K (including the assessed trade-in value of our Class-C RV, after fees+taxes). Does that sound like a fair deal?
Vacation House on-wheels
---d'RIG---

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
KilroyGuy wrote:

Not quite correct, it's not an orphan and parts are plentiful. Folks have made the same unfounded claims about other orphans that are largely incorrect.

Remember that very few components are coach specific and, even if so, were likely not made by the manufacturer.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

KilroyGuy
Explorer
Explorer

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
My highest offer to the dealer would be $95k. I checked some dealers. They claim it lists out for $135,600. JMHO

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
I sent you a PM. That price may be a little high for the La Palma model. What did they say the MSRP was?