cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Baby Has New Shoes

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Last month there were several threads about Michelin's recall of one size of light truck tires. The manufacture date range of the recall went from the second week of 2010 to the twenty fifth week of 2012. I had replaced the rear duals on our Class C in 2010 and the front and spare tires in 2011. A quick check of the dates on the front tires and outer duals showed that they were included in the recall. I was certain that the spare was also included and possibly both inner duals.

Our local Michelin dealer ordered seven 225/75R16 LTX M/S2 115R load range E tires, which were installed Monday. All had date codes in mid-December 2013, about as new as possible.

It turned out that one of the inner duals had a date code from 2009, so it wasn't covered by the recall. I had that one replaced too, as it was pushing 5 years old.

Our baby now has seven factory fresh tires for the cost of one!

CloudDriver is one happy camper!!
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂
5 REPLIES 5

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Deb and Ed M wrote:
Our baby will have new shoes as soon as the weather clears a bit. I feel bad that the "old" shoes only had about 1000 miles on them.....

As a heads up, call Michelin Customer Service and tell them you have tires covered by the recall. When I did that they set up a "Case #" (which was my phone #). When I asked my local Michelin Dealer to order the new tires, he told me that it was good that I had set up a Case #, as that had put me in line for getting new tires. It only took a week for the tires to be delivered.

With something like a million tires involved in the recall, waiting to get in line may mean no new tires being available for a long time.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Our baby will have new shoes as soon as the weather clears a bit. I feel bad that the "old" shoes only had about 1000 miles on them.....
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice to have new shoes....and a mfg. that stands behind their products.

Good all around!

I was actually hoping to find my tires part of recall.......I would have gladly gotten them replaced for free :B
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
j-d - I rotate the spare with the front tires. Every 5,000 miles or if we're on a trip longer than that, when we get home. Gives me a chance to inspect the front brakes, feel for looseness in the bearings and front end components, etc. Also seems a waste not to put the spare to use.

I don't do anything with the rear duals.

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations, CD!

What do you do with the spare? I used to rotate ours with the two fronts and left the four rears right where they started out.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB