cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Over the cab bunk house mattress

kiko2
Explorer
Explorer
I am new to forums and would like to see if I could get a little help from it's members. I own a Class C and am in need of doing some repairs as last winter the field mice decided to make several spots their home for the winter.I have been looking online for mattresses, dinette cushion and have found replacements but I cannot seem to find any replacements for the over-head bunk. The current mattress up there is 2 pieces, one being u-shaped and the 2nd the middle of the u. Any help would be greatly appreciated or advice as to how to repair as they ate thru the material and into the mattress/cushions thru-out the camper.
5 REPLIES 5

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Imotay wrote:
...sofa bed mattress...You do lose the empty hole in which to step...

We did that on our first Class C. The overhead bunk mattress was two separate foam pads, and there was a full width (across the coach) plywood piece that covered the cockpit roof cutout. We just ducked under. Wanted to leave the bed made up, anyway. We tried several mattresses, starting with a sofa bed one, ended up with a full queen innerspring. Had to have help cramming it in, and it was very hard to make. But it was comfortable. Sold the coach with it in there.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Imotay
Explorer
Explorer
not sure if you a similar setup is required. When I had to discard my over hear bunk mattress/cushions, I ended up replacing it the a sofa bed mattress from overstock.com. I bought carpeting that had the pad attached and cut it to the shape wood surface. no glue or adhesive was needed. I then threw the mattress on top of it. No complaints and the mattress was nice enough. You do lose the empty hole in which to step. I am short so to me that was not that big of a deal

rvnetsite
Explorer
Explorer
hi Kiko2! I saw your post from back in January about your U shaped bunk cushions. I have the same problem. Was wondering if you came up with a
solution? I know rehupolstery will be expensive, but I may have to bite the bullet. I am NOT a sewer, but I've had great success with velcro.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
campingliz wrote:
An upholstery shop might be able to help you out. My cab over mattress is not as you describe, but you might also try the manufacturer.Happy camping!

X2
A local upholstery shop will be way less expensive than buying any RV replacement.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

campingliz
Explorer
Explorer
An upholstery shop might be able to help you out. My cab over mattress is not as you describe, but you might also try the manufacturer.

Happy camping!