cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Perfect BBQ for a B

Lynn0527
Explorer
Explorer
I hope this is the right place for this!

I attended the RV show last weekend and was really happy to finally find the perfect BBQ to go with my B. Small, smokeless, doesn't use charcoal or lighter fuel and comes in pretty colors. I tried it out and it works great. Can easily be packed away in a shelf or small cupboard.

Called the Lotus Grill,

Lynn

http://lotusgrillaustralia.com/

Edited to make link clickable
Admin
2012 Pleasure Way TS Excel
Calgary Alberta
32 REPLIES 32

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All!

Storage space is an issue in my small Class B and I found a BBQ on line that folds together and stores 1" thick!

http://www.ecoque.com/portable-grills

It is the EcoQue. It looks like it could work really well if boondocking with access to small pieces of wood or you'd need to bring some charcoal. Anybody here seen one? The prices listed at the website are not reflected if you search the web, much less expensive, any where from $70-90. Still not cheap, but for a BBQ, Smoker, Grill combination it seems worth it to me.

I like to grill, but prefer wood to propane for flavor. Just thought I'd share this and maybe you all have seen others or have DIY solutions that are better!

Thanks!!!!
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

Sweetj38
Explorer
Explorer
I need help. I pulled in to an RV park and turned on the water system. I have a major leak behind the sink. I can't see how to get the panel off in the area of the water pump. I have a pleasureway exel Ts. Can anyone help?

csw5925
Explorer
Explorer
The Cobb is amazing and versatile and cooks with 8-9 matchlite briquettes. I always carry a Hot Box Grill in the back of my G24 Vista Cruiser. It's a great steak cooker and I've got the winnings to prove it! BBQ is why I have my B, 72,000 miles in the last 5 years going to BBQ contests all over! Usually towing a 14' offset pit in the back.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I will probably be using the NuWave Oven for my BBQ when I camp this year.

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Reminds me of the Cobb Grill.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Neecies
Explorer
Explorer
Stan, yes, bigger than some things--at least wider--but relatively thin for under-the-bed storage and it replaced what for us was otherwise two necessities of life. And no charcoal required. I certainly get other people's commitment to that style of cooking, but our rig just doesn't have enough storage space to have more than one option.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I use a similar grill/stove to the Coleman that I bought from Kmart. Bigger than these others mentioned but I like the versatility.

Neecies
Explorer
Explorer
That's a very cool little BBQ, Lynne. We've given up on BBQing unless a campground offers something even though we owned both a small Weber and a Coleman camp stove when we got our first B. We superceded both with a single Coleman combo grill+burner in order to be able to boil a few potatoes, or make a fresh veggie or risotto say at the same time and utilizing the same power source (small butane bottle) that grills our meat. And there's only one thin device to store, not two. Of course I still have the kitchen stove, but so far I'm still enjoying that "new car smell" and don't cook anything inside that's going to leave behind cooking aromas--cooking the entire meal outdoors holds much appeal.

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
Islandman wrote:
mkguitar - I believe that Robert is responding to the posting of the OP regarding the Lotus Grill that she purchased at a show and and how they are used.

Correct

Islandman
Explorer
Explorer
mkguitar - I believe that Robert is responding to the posting of the OP regarding the Lotus Grill that she purchased at a show and and how they are used.

mkguitar
Explorer
Explorer
RobertRyan wrote:

Lotus grill is for outside use, not internal

not sure what you are responding to.

mike

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
mkguitar wrote:
Lynn0527 wrote:
doesn't use charcoal or lighter fuel

First thing I see on the website is charcoal and gelled lighter fluid....and $250 ?

I don't think that's the one for me.

we already own a little weber...but i don't wanna bother with charcoal and disposing of hot stuff.

we have gas inside the B and a butane cassette feu that we use outside.

mike

Lotus grill is for outside use, not internal

senf
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Magma. After many hours of research for size and efficiency.
"Drive with Care, Life has no Spare!"
2008 Roadtrek C190V 6.0L Hella Fog, Nighthawk Driving, Halogen Reverse Lights, Fiamma Air Horn, Firestone Air Bags, Custom Bed & Mattress, Custom O/Head Tray. website www.sen-f.ca

Road-Trekker
Explorer
Explorer
Traveler7 wrote:
How easy are those fuel canisters to come by? On Amazon they are 20 bucks for 3 8 oz cans which is not a great price compared to other fuel bottles....otherwise the Iwatani looks pretty cool....

Most Asian stores carry them. The 8 oz. butane canister sells for about $1.50 each. It's $25 for 12 canisters at Amazon.

I also made an airtight storage box for the grill to prevent it from smelling inside the RV, pictures here> Iwatani Gas Grill with airtight storage box.
Roadtrek Agile SS: Roadtrek Modifications