cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pex water line Swivel connector to Faucet.

MikeDavies
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all
On our cold water line to the kitchen sink, we had an under sink water filter hooked up. I got a PVC fitting with a female 3/4 to male 3/4 with a push connector for the small line to the water filter.
I had to take the Pex water line off of the PVC fitting and noticed that it totally hosed the gasket. Instead of the end of the 3/4 male end being flat, its tapered?? Anyway, does anyone know what you call that gasket and where you can get one? I swear I found everything but at RV parts stores.

Thanks
Mike and BillieBilly Davies Jazz Drummer
5 REPLIES 5

MikeDavies
Explorer
Explorer
It already has the fitting. I just need the gasket.

enblethen wrote:
Most faucets have 1/2 inch male pipe thread. The best fitting for this location is a female swivel fitting like this from Seatech
Seat tech swivel fitting
Lowes, Home depot and Ace have similar products.
If you are looking for just the gasket, please describe it a little better. Flat or beveled going into faucet?

MikeDavies
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
The ones that are in all the water connectors look like a Top Hat.
A cylinder with a flat rim on one end. The Cylinder part fits the end of the plex line and the flat rim covers up the end of the tube.
But I'm wondering if thats what they look like after they get compressed for a while. The fitting themselves are neither compression or metal crimp? The fitting is just stuck into the plex tubing.

RLS7201 wrote:
I believe what you are looking for is a Swivel seal.

Swivel Seal

Walmart call it a ballcock seal.

Ballcock Seal

Richard

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
I get my supplies at Home Depot or Lowes. Same stuff as in your house.

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I believe what you are looking for is a Swivel seal.

Swivel Seal

Walmart call it a ballcock seal.

Ballcock Seal

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Most faucets have 1/2 inch male pipe thread. The best fitting for this location is a female swivel fitting like this from Seatech
Seat tech swivel fitting
Lowes, Home depot and Ace have similar products.
If you are looking for just the gasket, please describe it a little better. Flat or beveled going into faucet?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker