cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleasure Way Promaster Lexor

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a Facebook account you should be able to have a preview of the 2015 Lexor based on the Promaster 3500 at PW on Facebook. Nice unit. Looks like a blend of the previous Lexor and Excel. Anxious to see the detailed specs at the Hersey show.

With that, I am not sure a Ford Transit will follow.

Alain
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults
44 REPLIES 44

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
There is an outside bay to store the sewage hose on Travato.

A discharge pump is a mixed bag. I'd rather have none, but if I have to choose, I'd much prefer it on the gray water. If it fails it's nowhere near as foul a thing to deal with.

The drain on the shower pan is an odd thing. But you can either run is while you shower, or after since you're not going to accumulate alot of water in that pan. Someone pointed out the the thing to do is put a $2 strainer on that drain to keep bits out of the pump (even though it has an external filter). You don't run that pump for the bathroom or kitchen sink though, just the shower.

One big downside for the Travato is that, if you are hooked up at a campsite, you can't just leave your gray valve open. You have to fill the tank and then pump it out holding down the pump switch. As the tank is only 15 gallons, that is probably something you'd do once a day if you weren't conserving water.

Stuff to think about when looking at the different units.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I would like to see it up close. It is about $10,000 more than a Travato, but the floor plan isn't as oddball. I really like the PW dealer in my neck of the woods, so buying there would be decent.

To me, tank sizes are crucial, and engineering. I don't want to have to turn on a drain pump when in the shower, and I don't want to have to use another pump to move the gray water (which means I can't use a macerator pump for the black water.) The ideal would be a macerator pump like RTs which the hose stows in a bay, no need to carry a sewage hose inside, but a gravity dump works, and I can always clap a portable macerator pump onto that.

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
wincrasher65 wrote:

There is a German van that has a similar bed, but it fits flush against the ceiling so you have full walking height under it. In fact, on that van, those upper cabinets are on the underside of the bed mechanism, so that you don't loose any storage in that van. When the bed is folded up, there are two fold away settees on the floor, so you can fold those against the walls and have a cargo area. Folded down as seating, or with a table as a dinette, or folded into a bed, so you can sleep 4 adults in the back with the upper bed lowered 1/2 way down. Hard to describe, but a really cool, flexible setup.

I get it. Sounds like a great option. Maybe we will see a variation here.

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
SkiMore wrote:
The bed can raise/lower.
There is something on the floor in front of the bed. It might just be a wall to keep stuff from flying forward or it may be something else.

There is a German van that has a similar bed, but it fits flush against the ceiling so you have full walking height under it. In fact, on that van, those upper cabinets are on the underside of the bed mechanism, so that you don't loose any storage in that van. When the bed is folded up, there are two fold away settees on the floor, so you can fold those against the walls and have a cargo area. Folded down as seating, or with a table as a dinette, or folded into a bed, so you can sleep 4 adults in the back with the upper bed lowered 1/2 way down. Hard to describe, but a really cool, flexible setup.

Jimmy_Dickens
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed the ProMaster from Safari comes with a 220A alternator. Instead of the 180 on Travato,

And $6,000 for the diesel option. Which is not even available from Winnebago.

I also like that the AC and TV are options instead of standard. A generator is not offered.
Jimmy

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
The bed can raise/lower.
There is something on the floor in front of the bed. It might just be a wall to keep stuff from flying forward or it may be something else.

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
I'd be shocked if the grey tank was in that area. That area is over the rear axle, so no big cuts in the floor would be there to accommodate a tank of that size.

I suspect it is a chase to route piping and wiring. The Travato does a similar thing, but it's in the front of the vehicle, not the back.

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
SkiMore wrote:
charles wrote:
.. By having a raised bed you would indeed loose almost all of the cabinet space, it would also cover the air conditioning and heat pump vents, and lower the standing height to the point that you would have to bend over to get to the sofa or lounge seating, that will never happen.

Nick

Isn't the point of raising the bed to get a huge storage area back there? I don't think anyone would want to sit on those side benches.

I thought the mid height bed configuration was interesting. You could keep bikes and lots of stuff under the bed and you would still have plenty of room to sleep. All your seating would be up front.

i looked at the pictures. the bed is not raised-the floor in front of the bed and partly down the hall is. I think it's a gray water tank or wiring/piping. some truck campers are like this.

heres a side view pick of grey tank

linky

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
lfloom wrote:
Have you looked at Sportmobile? They can certainly build what you want, and I do not think it is any more expensive.

sportsmobile is currently 'prototyping a promaster'their words not mine. but i have also read they are having some difficulties with the lowered promaster floor and their designs. although we think of sportsmoblie as an advanced b builder they use standard components-they don't make tanks to fit certain chassis but by ready made standard sizes.

most of the advanced b makers claim to make their own tanks to fit whatever van they are using.

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked at Sportmobile? They can certainly build what you want, and I do not think it is any more expensive.

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
charles wrote:
.. By having a raised bed you would indeed loose almost all of the cabinet space, it would also cover the air conditioning and heat pump vents, and lower the standing height to the point that you would have to bend over to get to the sofa or lounge seating, that will never happen.

Nick

Isn't the point of raising the bed to get a huge storage area back there? I don't think anyone would want to sit on those side benches.

I thought the mid height bed configuration was interesting. You could keep bikes and lots of stuff under the bed and you would still have plenty of room to sleep. All your seating would be up front.

SkiMore
Explorer
Explorer
erip wrote:
Gerry.. thanks for the safari info.. Maybe my next RV.. I know its very challenging making a purchase in canada to bring to the US.. I have a friend who just bought a trailer thru a canadian dealer and it was complicated. I really like my Travato and even though a common complaint is that the dinette is a bit wobbly, i like having the fixed bed and a separate place to eat. Last time i looked, the safari just had the two seats behind the drivers seat without a dinette. The only perfect RV is the one each of us designs for ourselves and finds a master craftsman to build.. Sadly, my lottery numbers have not yet made that possible, so i research, compromise and then enjoy what i pick.

Take a look at the pictures. They show a table that can be configured for 2 or 4 people.

charles
Explorer
Explorer
The Lexor does have TV available for the front seats when swiveled to face the back, the TV pulls out to the isle and also swivels so that it can be watched from the front. Also, there was or is a floor mount for the table near the front seats. By having a raised bed you would indeed loose almost all of the cabinet space, it would also cover the air conditioning and heat pump vents, and lower the standing height to the point that you would have to bend over to get to the sofa or lounge seating, that will never happen.

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

erip
Explorer
Explorer
Gerry.. thanks for the safari info.. Maybe my next RV.. I know its very challenging making a purchase in canada to bring to the US.. I have a friend who just bought a trailer thru a canadian dealer and it was complicated. I really like my Travato and even though a common complaint is that the dinette is a bit wobbly, i like having the fixed bed and a separate place to eat. Last time i looked, the safari just had the two seats behind the drivers seat without a dinette. The only perfect RV is the one each of us designs for ourselves and finds a master craftsman to build.. Sadly, my lottery numbers have not yet made that possible, so i research, compromise and then enjoy what i pick.