cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pleasure Way with high miles vs Roadtrek with low miles

rvingboo
Explorer
Explorer
Debating between 2006 Pleasure Way plateau ts with 195k vs a 2006 Roadtrek adventurous rs with 93k. I prefer floorplan and finishes of Pleasureway but husband is leery of high miles. Both diesel, approx. 22 feet long. Going to test drive each one tomorrow.

Would appreciate some feedback from the group.
3 REPLIES 3

rvingboo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, I guess weโ€™ll give the one with lower miles a test drive today. Just saw a 2006 Chinook I had looked at several weeks ago was still for sale. May take another look at that one too. Didnโ€™t want to go that big but full bath and kitchen hard to discount.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
The number of miles on an RV is more of a function of the chassis and how well it's been cared for over the years. The diesel Sprinter is typical German engineering - usually over-engineered, over-complicated and over-priced. But kept in good shape they run for a long time.

And as has already been stated, build quality of the Roadtrek (especially around the 2006 timeframe) was pretty abysmal. I owned one and learned a lot about RV maintenance and repairs from the ownership experience.

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
A number of years ago (2007, 2008?) my wife and I bought a PleasureWay. After comparing quality of materials as well as fit & finish the PW laid over the RT like a dollar over a dime. As for the miles, service records (on either) would be a definite plus.
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress