Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Price check on a used Class C!

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Hi ๐Ÿ™‚

We are negotiating over the phone and via email with a local RV dealer. They have given us a bottom line price of $35000 on the following RV:

http://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetails/used-class-c-rvs/2010-thor-chateau-21c-front-living-30k-FAY1395590

Its a 2010. It has 67k miles, a little high. It looks to be in nice condition otherwise. No warranty.

Any thoughts on this price? Or the brand? I havent found much on the 2010 Thor Chateau 21C but it looks the same as the Four Winds Chateau 21C?

I also should note they are giving us a really value on our trade in as well.

Thanks!
2008 Winnebago Outlook 31C
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed
13 REPLIES 13

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
What if I got it down to 30k with new tires or 28k without? Just going to see what they are willing to do!
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

Mike__Rose
Explorer
Explorer
Price is seems high and make sure they throw in new tires.
See you on the road!

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Agree. I was going to look at other options and dealerships.
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Desert Captain wrote:
IMHO: That is $35K for an entry level C that sold for around $50K, 7 years ago with 67,000 miles and no warranty. Run Forrest, Run!

As always...., Opinions and YMMV

:R

I totally second this, run like the wind and don't look back at all. That's ridiculous!
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with everyone. This should have a transaction price in the low 30's at the most. The "asking" by the dealer at $39k is to either have a ton of mark-up to catch a buyer that has not done their homework, or give the impression of giving someone a "big" discount.

They probably are floorplanning it at around $27K.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Thats the kind of price I would expect to see on a Sprinter Chassis motorhome. Gas chassis like the Ford are way less.

It has an oven, and the microwave appears to NOT be a convection unit. Do you use an oven? Many people do not and a convection microwave does away with the gas oven and gives you more storage for pots and pans and such.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Good observations, I will go back and see what they say. I will try and get them to drop the price too.
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

WantoWander
Explorer
Explorer
We bought ours in January. It's a 2012 Tioga Montara with almost the same floor plan. 59K miles with new tires put on in 2016. New house batteries installed when we bought it and $50 credit for new hoses.

We paid $31,000.
2012 Tioga Montara

gotsmart
Explorer
Explorer
linky.

1. Why is there an extension cord coming out of an opening in one of the dinette benches?
2. Is there room between the left hip and wall/door when sitting on toilet? Overhead view seems to indicate: yes. Full-on view seems to suggest otherwise.
3. Toilet paper holder. My back hurts from looking at it. In my RV the toilet paper holder jams you in the left hip, so I bought this from Walmart and hung in on the lip of the medicine cabinet in lower right corner. The door even closes securely with it in place.
4. What are the wires that are coming out of the dash, above the center console?
5. Are the tires original to the RV? It is 2017. If those tires are from 2010 then they most likely need to be replaced.

In 2011 I paid $23k and change for a 2004 E450 30 foot Cruise America rental with 109,000 miles on the odometer. Picture link in my signature.

My first reaction is $35k feels to be high for the year/mileage/features. Are they throwing anything in for free? New mattress, new tires, new chassis and coach batteries.
2005 Cruise America 28R (Four Winds 28R) on a 2004 Ford E450 SD 6.8L V10 4R100
2009 smart fortwo Passion with Roadmaster "Falcon 2" towbar & tail light kit - pictures

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you will fare better buying from a private party, hopefully the original owner. If so, full service records should be available and you can get a good feel for how and where the rig was used and maintained.

It is a pain to sell your old rig and while trading it in is easier it will cost you at the dealer. I would think the original coach you asked about should sell for closer to $20k - $25k. Good luck.

:C

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, I appreciate the opinion ๐Ÿ™‚

Would you recommend buying something older for less? Or less miles? There are not a whole lot of options in the 35k range. It probably hurts that I am trying to do my trade in too. They offered me 10k for it which is more than I thought I could get selling myself. I think maybe they inflated the trade about 3k so really its more like 32k lol.
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
IMHO: That is $35K for an entry level C that sold for around $50K, 7 years ago with 67,000 miles and no warranty. Run Forrest, Run!

As always...., Opinions and YMMV

:R

BigCanoe
Explorer
Explorer
http://rv.campingworld.com/rvdetails/used-class-c-rvs/2010-thor-chateau-21c-front-living-30k-FAY1395590

More pictures
2013 Honda Fit 5-speed