cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Purchasing a class'c' M H

3kings
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a first time user on RV.net, I appreciate an opinion(s) on purchasing my first M H. I interest in the Forest River Sunseeker 3107? Any pros or cons or even information on the track record would be very appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Are you talking about a new one? If so, get a price quote from RVDirect.com. Then, call Pontiac RV in Pontiac IL and see if they will beat it. They did for me, so I bought it there.

I like our Sunseeker. Bear in mind all of the normal brands of Class C are competing for the value price point market, more or less. So they are built accordingly. Having said that, the price/value vs quality of the Sunseeker is good IMO. I would definitely buy another one.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing you meant the 3170DS, unless there's a 3107 model. If so, that's the one we're looking at too. Not sure it'll be the one we pick, but... That one and the Jayco Greyhawk 31FK are on our current short list.

There's a Forrest River forum that might be of more use to you.

What I like is the kid's area -- looks ideal for us. What concerns me is:
- Forrest River doesn't have a stellar rep for quality
- Many of the standard features on the Jayco are extra on the Sunseeker
- FR has a one year warranty

The big advantage of the Sunseeker is the price is $10K (give or take) less.

If this is your first RV, then I'd also add that - these are some of the Biggest Class C's out there. As such, they're already pretty close to max'd out for cargo carrying capacity, from the factory, without any cargo. ๐Ÿ˜‰

There are plenty of posts from folks that say, by the time the occupants are loaded up in these big Class C's, there's no capacity left over for food, water, luggage. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Moved from Forum Technical Support