cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question re: extended service contract

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
I'm considering purchasing an extended service contract from Wholesale Warranties. Would like to hear back from those who have had dealings with this company and whether your experiences were good or bad. PLEASE do not let this morph into a pro and con discussion about whether it is advisable to make such a purchase. I'm fully aware of the benefits or lack thereof in purchasing service contracts. Thanks... Larry
2017 Winnebago Sunstar (gas)
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake
8 REPLIES 8

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
He told us he did not want to hear the pros and cons as he knows that already. What do you know about the company in question.

mpfireman wrote:
Unless the warranty is backed by your RV MFG, i would not purchase one. Too many times the warranty company is out of business, or their policy is so restrictive that getting all or emergency repairs almost impossible. Even if the warranty is offered at a dealership, it probably is not backed by the coach builder. Those contracts are money makers for the dealership. Do your homework first.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
SCVJeff wrote:
WW ?

Wholesale Warranties
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
WW ?
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

goufgators
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
We bought ours from Jeff @ WW. I found him to be up front with every thing he told me. He was informative and helped with my decision as to which contract to buy. He also sent me both blank contracts via email so I could look them over at my leisure before purchasing. No hard sell and we did negotiate some small details into the contract. Both policies they sold, XtraRide and Allegiance were similar. I understand they may no longer be able to sell the XtraRide policy but you'll have to call to verify. I called around to several service facilities to get their take on the two companies and every one that said they had done business with them rated them highly.

I went with Allegiance because they had an upgrade that removed the "weasel" clause....("if a covered part fails, due to the fault of a non covered part, the covered part is not covered") whereas XtraRide had no such vehicle to override it.

I used Allegiance last year when the cooling unit failed on the Norcold. They replaced the CU with the Amish unit. I did have to call and Jeff helped negotiate that for me as they wanted to replace it with the OEM Norcold unit, which wasn't acceptable to me. In the end, I was happy with the result.

Both contracts were exclusionary contracts...i.e. If it's not listed on the contract, it's covered.....Dennis

Thanks, Dennis! Just the kind of information I need. / Larry
2005 Honda CRV Toad
Invisi-brake

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We bought ours from Jeff @ WW. I found him to be up front with every thing he told me. He was informative and helped with my decision as to which contract to buy. He also sent me both blank contracts via email so I could look them over at my leisure before purchasing. No hard sell and we did negotiate some small details into the contract. Both policies they sold, XtraRide and Allegiance were similar. I understand they may no longer be able to sell the XtraRide policy but you'll have to call to verify. I called around to several service facilities to get their take on the two companies and every one that said they had done business with them rated them highly.

I went with Allegiance because they had an upgrade that removed the "weasel" clause....("if a covered part fails, due to the fault of a non covered part, the covered part is not covered") whereas XtraRide had no such vehicle to override it.

I used Allegiance last year when the cooling unit failed on the Norcold. They replaced the CU with the Amish unit. I did have to call and Jeff helped negotiate that for me as they wanted to replace it with the OEM Norcold unit, which wasn't acceptable to me. In the end, I was happy with the result.

Both contracts were exclusionary contracts...i.e. If it's not listed on the contract, it's covered.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

mpfireman
Explorer
Explorer
Unless the warranty is backed by your RV MFG, i would not purchase one. Too many times the warranty company is out of business, or their policy is so restrictive that getting all or emergency repairs almost impossible. Even if the warranty is offered at a dealership, it probably is not backed by the coach builder. Those contracts are money makers for the dealership. Do your homework first.
1998.5 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Cummins
1998 Sunnybrook 27RKFS Fiver

I_am_still_wayn
Explorer
Explorer
I started to buy a contract from them and charged $800 deposit on my credit card. I decided not to buy the contract and had to dispute the charge on my credit card to get my money back.

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
They have a good reputation. Remember that these deals are negotiable, so don't hesitate to dicker over the price.
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King