cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removing WELDEX back/up monitor

bob_proctor
Explorer
Explorer
the WELDEX dash mount back/up monitor in my 2004 southwind class A m/home has a problem. It does not likes a bumpy road,it will lose the picture, screen goes all squiggle then comes back on for a while then goes crazy again. Does anyone know how to remove the dash monitor. Is there a replacement unit available to fit in the same hole in the dash. Thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
My Weldex would go out after it warmed up so I replaced it with a new Weldex from RVCams, plug and play.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

JackMS
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was doing something similar and the camera was bad. I bought a new one from rvcams.com. They do have a color replacement
2005 Holiday Rambler Neptune 34pdd, Cummins ISB 300, Allison 2500MH, Onan 8.0QD
Prior Toad-2001 Chevy 2500 CC 4WD
Toad-2012 Honda CRV, Blue Ox Aventa II

TJDave
Explorer
Explorer
bob.proctor wrote:
the WELDEX dash mount back/up monitor in my 2004 southwind class A m/home has a problem. It does not likes a bumpy road,it will lose the picture, screen goes all squiggle then comes back on for a while then goes crazy again. Does anyone know how to remove the dash monitor. Is there a replacement unit available to fit in the same hole in the dash. Thanks for any help.

Our 2005 Holiday Rambler gasser has the same system with the same symptoms. How to remove the monitor, I would guess, has a lot to do with what make and model you have, since everyone built their own stuff on top of the common chassis.

I had my dash apart chasing a wiring issue a few years ago. That is how I accessed the rear of the monitor on our HR. I tightened up the connections, and it helped. But the symptoms have returned.
I now whack the monitor with the heel of my hand, and it comes back on! lol
I am also looking for a replacement color system. Plug and play? or maybe wireless. I don't want to feed a new wire through the motorhome.
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 32sa
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Maximus-3, Blue Ox, RVi3, Cooltech

Son_of_Norway
Explorer
Explorer
Check and make sure that it's not a problem with the connections or wiring. Amazon has a lot of monitors you can check out.
Miles and Darcey
1989 Holiday Rambler Crown Imperial
Denver, CO