cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Sleeper Couch

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
SO I have a standard RV couch with a fold out metal frame bed with one of those terrible mattresses. I tried several types of mattresses but it is still uncomfortable and 20 years old.

So I thought I would upgrade it to an L couch with sleeping setup or a couch where the cushions fold out and make a bed.

I need your input on what you guys have put in and how well does it feel for people sleeping on it.

Thanks
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP
5 REPLIES 5

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
The sales guys at the furniture stores all say the backs wont come off, but if you flip it over you can see all the bolts and take it apart.

The backs and sides are all bolted to the bed mechanism.

I have had to do this with other residential furniture previously.
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
JCat wrote:
I just ordered a Lazy boy sofa sleeper with a temperpedic mattress.
Should be built and shiped in 6 weeks
https://www.la-z-boy.com/p/living-room-sofas--sectionals-stationary-sofas--sectionals/kennedy-queen-sleep-sofa/_/R-510593

We just ordered 2 new recliners during their sale. I asked about a couch but he told us none of them have a removable back (like the recliner) to get it through the RV door.
Does yours come off?

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just ordered a Lazy boy sofa sleeper with a temperpedic mattress.
Should be built and shiped in 6 weeks
https://www.la-z-boy.com/p/living-room-sofas--sectionals-stationary-sofas--sectionals/kennedy-queen-sleep-sofa/_/R-510593
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

JCat
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice
JCat & PCat
2004 Mandalay 40D
CAT C7 350 HP

Gottahaveit
We had 2 L couches in our 06 Mandalay and took one out and put in 2 recliners. The remaining L couch is super comfy for guests and even I have slept on it numerous times. No fuss or muss with cushions etc. We bought the Euro Chairs and left the Couch on Consignment at an RV place in Junction City OR. Sweet deal.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited