cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RIP - JohnnyT

Admin
It is with a sad note that I have to announce that my good friend for 18 years and Moderator of Class A, JohnnyT has passed away.
He was one of our first Moderators and a firm supporter of RV.net.
Many a suggestion from him was incorporated into the site.
For us on the west coast, we will surely miss his yearly trip to California and the Moderators Rally. He was always first to arrive and last to leave even after me.
He was a good man and deserved to live longer

RIP Johnny
You will be missed
Admin
RV.net
45 REPLIES 45

Smitty77
Explorer
Explorer
Sad news! But I'm one of the many thousand of RV'er's that Johnny T assisted. Both with his posts, and his light touch Administration.

RIP Johnny T! Your legacy of knowledge sharing will keep you with many of us for years ahead. Looking forward to seeing you down the road, and would prefer for this to be way down the road...

Salute!
Smitty

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Always a gentleman and I will miss him on this forum.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully JohnnyT's family can read all of these loving comments. He was so helpful to many and will be missed.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

univmd
Explorer
Explorer
Oh no so sorry to hear! He was a great moderator since I started here so long ago, will miss him lots!
2008 Gulfstream Tourmaster
2011 Honda CRV
Blue Ox Baseplate & Socket Wiring
Blue Ox Alladin Tow Bar
US Gear Unified Tow Brake

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Our condolences to the family.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
I am sorry. My condolences to his family and friends. He was a good man.

JohnnyT was the only moderator I have met. In June 2010, I had posted that we would be at the Rondout Valley Resort in Accord, NY for an agility trial. Johnny brought his camper over to the campground so that we could visit. Friday afternoon, I had to help build the ring, and there was Johnny doing more work than anyone else.

RIP

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

Bruce_Brown
Words cannot express our sadness. Johnny and his family had become part of our family. We not only enjoyed many camping trips together, Johnny was someone you could always go to when you had some hair brained idea and needed sound advice. When my own Dad was sick he was a counselor. When I was working on one of my old tractors he was there to help locate much needed parts.

If there was a project to do he was always involved, offering knowledge, tools, advice, wisdom, and the occasional cold beverage when needed. :B

RIP Johnny, you will be missed.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
So sorry to hear this. JohnnyT was a fixture at our RV Capital rallies we had for 7-8 years in Elkhart. Always came because his wife is from the area. Very nice man.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

FIRE_UP
Explorer
Explorer
This is a very sad day. While I was not directly involved with him, I'd read many comments, corrections and suggestions from him. All were with admiration and professionalism. Very, very sorry to hear about this.
Scott
Scott and Karla
SDFD RETIRED
2004 Itasca Horizon, 36GD Slate Blue 330 CAT
2011 GMC Sierra 1500 Ext Cab 4x4 Toad
2008 Caliente Red LVL II GL 1800 Goldwing
KI60ND

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Johnny T was a really nice guy and great moderator. He did a good job of keeping things on an even keel and everyone playing nicely. God Bless him.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
I also wish to extend my deepest condolences to Johnny's family for their great loss.

May God Bless and grant them peace and comfort during their time of grief.
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Peace be with his loved ones. He'll be missed on here.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Admin wrote:
It is with a sad note that I have to announce that my good friend for 18 years and Moderator of Class A, JohnnyT has passed away.
He was one of our first Moderators and a firm supporter of RV.net.
Many a suggestion from him was incorporated into the site.
For us on the west coast, we will surely miss his yearly trip to California and the Moderators Rally. He was always first to arrive and last to leave even after me.
He was a good man and deserved to live longer

RIP Johnny
You will be missed

One of the reasons the forum worked so well - Truly will be missed - Advised me when I made my Purchase, spending hours trying to lead, direct, and educate me.

To his Family - Celebrate him Often, as he was one of those who loved life and enjoyed giving and sharing.

RIP, Johnny.
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was sad to hear this news. He was very insightful and I learned a lot from his posts and sticky's when I first started to RV about 15 years ago. Condolences to his family.

Acampingwewillg
Explorer II
Explorer II
Such a Wonderful fixture here...he will be missed greatly! Our Sincere Condolences to his family and friends, RIP JohnnyT.
96 Vogue Prima Vista
The Kid's: Humphrie, the Mini Schnauzer and Georgie,wire haired dachshund.
Rainbow Bridge: Laddie,Scoutie,Katie,Cooper,Kodie,Rubie,Maggie, Cassie, Mollie, Elvis, Potter and Rosie Love You! (40+ years in all)