cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

road side assistance from Good Sam Club

grannygoklahoma
Explorer
Explorer
We were traveling in Lafayette Louisiana recently. On our way home, on 1/27/14 we lost all power to our Coachmen class A motorhome. We have good Sam Club roadside assistance, so I called and they made all the calls and set up a wrecker to tow us into the nearest location to fix our coach. We had to wait 3 hours for the wrecker, but other than that, our experience was a good one. Our coach was fixed within and hour and we were back on the road home before the snow and Ice got there. Thanks Good Sam Club and Road Side Assistance for all your help. Mr. & Mrs. Gibson of Nash, Oklahoma
7 REPLIES 7

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Going to chime in with another Good Sam Tow good report. My coach overcharged batteries while I was away for week. GS sent out a mobile repair service. They put new batteries in coach and chasis and sent me to a repair facility to replace the charger in nearest town. He said he could replace charger but would take longer and be more expensive. So it's not just GS but the people they've found to work with.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

iamcanuck45
Explorer
Explorer
Great service is the reason why I have stayed with Good Sam.
'92 Newmar Kountry Aire, 37'.
Andrรฉ and Elizabeth.
First mate: MacDuff (Welsh terrier)
Asst' first mate: Allie (wire-haired fox terrier) rescued

You can't tow one of these things with a pick up with an electric lift bolted in the bed.......Mine died at a stop light in a 1 light Southern town and Barney Fife showed up and "had to use the rotation". 3 little tow trucks and a F-450 roll back later a State Trooper showed up and sent Barney on his way and got me a real wrecker. Sometimes they take a while to get to you.......And I have always had good service from Good Sam---every time.

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
So how long did you expect to wait? Did they keep you updated as to when they would be there? I consider three hours to be about right given what they had to do.

grannygoklahoma wrote:
We were traveling in Lafayette Louisiana recently. On our way home, on 1/27/14 we lost all power to our Coachmen class A motorhome. We have good Sam Club roadside assistance, so I called and they made all the calls and set up a wrecker to tow us into the nearest location to fix our coach. We had to wait 3 hours for the wrecker, but other than that, our experience was a good one. Our coach was fixed within and hour and we were back on the road home before the snow and Ice got there. Thanks Good Sam Club and Road Side Assistance for all your help. Mr. & Mrs. Gibson of Nash, Oklahoma
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. It is nice to hear good news.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

mtrumpet
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear about someone receiving good service. Although you had to wait 3 hours for the "hook", that wouldn't be Good Sams' fault anyway.
Mark & Cherie
2002 Newmar Dutch Star DP 3872, Cummins 350 ISC, Spartan Chassis

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
It's nice to read about the good experiences too.
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch