cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof air required for a Roadtrek 190?

beave
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a '91 Roadtrek 190 P without a generator. Is the dash air sufficient to cool the interior in the southwest?
7 REPLIES 7

antiquedrose
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, I doubt you meant while parked or camped. Never mind!

antiquedrose
Explorer
Explorer
I'm guessing you mean while parked/camped. No, no way.

At night in TX, before the summer gets really hot, we partition the van to just cool down the back 2/3 of the 2001 RT Versatile 200 and need a fan to assist in moving air to increase comfort. Our air conditioner works well, no problem there.

Good luck in your hunt for a B, hope something works out for you soon.

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'd have a generator installed. A 2800 watt Onan will run around $2500-2800, plus labor to install. Here in Texas, it can get to 130-140 in a vehicle, and the dash AC isn't going to do much.

Explorer
Explorer
You can get a portable generator - many like the Hondas - and run the regular A/C in the Roadtrek 190. You would just put that generator outside away from the van and plug your shore power line into it. As everyone has said, the dash A/C is only good for driving. On a hot day last year the temp inside our RT was over a 100.
Roadtrek 190 Popular 2011

Meryl and Me Hit the Road

loggenrock
Explorer
Explorer
Only in February! We've run both dash A/C AND 110v generator powering the onboard A/C in our 190P. And that was in the Fall! Hope this helps! ST
Two and a hound in a 2015 Coachmen Prism "B+"...pushed by '09 Suby Forester
First 50 done, working on the second pass! Nunavut - we'll see...!
2005-2015 Roadtrek 190P
1993-2005 Northstar Soft-Side TC
1989-1993 Backpacks & Tents!
1967-1977 Family TT's

GizmosMom
Explorer
Explorer
When driving, yes.
When over-nighting, NO!
Marilyn w/ Joe, 2016 Class C Sunseeker 2430 SF, often pulling a Ranger bass boat. Traveling with Trigger
Smudge & Gizmo are waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Probably not