cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV crash N of Knoxville on I-75

jimhaz2402
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know anything about this? Two persons killed. I-75 shut down in northbound lanes. It happened 10/28. Nothing on local news about it last night or this morning. j
9 REPLIES 9

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
sprintmod.....sorry to read of this horrific accident. Hopefully their daughter will recover and be able to give some insight as too what may have happened. very tragic.

Prayers go out to the family and friends of this couple and daughter!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Squealers
Explorer
Explorer
Sprintmod,

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friends. It is such a tragedy. Thankfully their daughter has survived. Godspeed.

Keith
2006 Four Winds Hurricane 34N
2014 Jeep Cherokee 4X4 Toad

USAF Veteran. 75-81 SAC "Giant Talk" ATC-
Combat Crew Communications

Squealers = Steelers & Arkansas Razorbacks Fan

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
He was Jeff Gordon's drivers Ed teacher.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
First of all, let me say that we are close friends of the family and traveled with them to alot races for the last 14 years.

Yes, they were at Martinsville. They left Sunday night and drove a few hours to Statesville. Stopped for a few hours of sleep. Woke up at 3am and husband was not feeling well so wife drove, and she drove that coach alot. Police say no seatbelts and we are in disbelief on that as they never moved that coach without a seat belt attached. We are still not sure exactly what happened to send them off the road. Maybe a deer or even a blown tire is pure speculation at this point.

From what I understand, they were in the woods for anywhere from 15 minutes to maybe 45 minutes till the accident was reported.

Keep their family and friends in your prayers as this is a shock to all of us.
2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Any accident in an RV is sad news for all involved. Hopefully we can all learn something and remember that things can go horribly wrong in an instant.
Live every day like it may be your last because you just never know when your time on this earth will end.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Maybe this accident: Indiana couple killed in RV accident
Thanks for posting the clicky Ronnie! Sounds like he was a excellent driver since driving school buses all of those years. I was on a accident investigative team for a large Trucking Company before I retired and going off the facts giving, I would say medical condition. I'm so sorry for everyone involved and send my condolences to all family and friends!

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sad news...they were returning from NASCAR race in Martinsville. Maybe sleep entered into the picture. Don't know. Must have been really scary for the injured daughter.

"The wreck was discovered on Monday, October 27, 2014, at about 7:30 in the morning. It is believed to have possibly happened several hours before that. It was reportedly not too visible from the road in the dark because the RV went down an embankment before hitting a tree."

Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
they hit a guard rail at mile marker 147 and continued into a tree all in their upper 70s non wearing seatbelts

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III