cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV'ers with No Goodyear G670 Problems

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Tell us how pleased you are with your G670 on your Class A.
On my Second set, no problems
80 REPLIES 80

jassrnj
Explorer
Explorer
After reading all the reviews, I am replacing my GY in the spring before I take my first trip. The $$$ I spend for new tires could be less expensive then the damage from one blowout. Plus there is the safety factor which is my primary concern.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Second set of G670's. No problems other than age.

countrypair
Explorer
Explorer
The GY G670 product quality issue is like all other product reviews, there are success stories & horror stories. However, there is certainly enough undisputed evidence that a product problem exists, tire failure is real & GY refuses to properly investigate as to the reasons why!! Historically most manufacturers will not admit to any manufacturing or quality problems, for fear of liability issues. I believe each of us has to evaluate the available information & decide the best course of action for our personal situation. I believe there is enough evidence of the G670 tire failure to warrant changing out my 6 year old G670 tires with another brand of tire. Safety first! IMHO

Jim_Norman
Explorer
Explorer
Since this thread is degenerating into another thread on the perils of G6670s...

How many RVs are there? How many have G670s? How many have experienced failures?

We do not have a scientific sample here. We have a number of people that have had failures AND are members of this forum AND have reported the failure to us.

None of the failures s fr reported have accurate pre-failure reporting as to possible damage, temperature, pressure or load.'

Just sayin
2016 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
2008 Jeep Liberty (aka FireToad)

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Don Don wrote:
Tell us how pleased you are with your G670 on your Class A.
On my Second set, no problems

same here and if we don't sell/trade in our now 13-yr old MH in the next year or two we'll be headed towards our 3rd set.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Don_Don
Explorer
Explorer
roam1 wrote:
wny_pat wrote:
roam1 wrote:
So, let me guess. You are one of those guys who says the weatherman is wrong when he predicts 50% chance of rain and it doesn't rain....?

Because, after 30,000 posts, this would be statistically significant....
You ask many over the road truckdrivers out there and most of them will agree with sprintmod1. They want Michelins on the steer axle.

Sorry, I was being a bit sarcastic. Saying my tires are fine is a bit insignificant unless backed by tens of thousands of similar statements. Statements about failures are more significant and interesting......I'll shut up now....

No, I'm just saying that this board is a very small percentage of RV people. There are thousands of happy people out here with these tires. Do you truly believe if it was so bad there would not be a recall, or better yet why do some have problems and some don't ? If they were junk as some think we would all have problems. Lots of unanswered questions and most will be owners fault, ran over something, slow leaks, mis aligned, under inflated .

roam1
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
roam1 wrote:
So, let me guess. You are one of those guys who says the weatherman is wrong when he predicts 50% chance of rain and it doesn't rain....?

You ask many over the road truckdrivers out there and most of them will agree with sprintmod1. They want Michelins on the steer axle.

Sorry, I was being a bit sarcastic. Saying my tires are fine is a bit insignificant unless backed by tens of thousands of similar statements. Statements about failures are more significant and interesting......I'll shut up now....

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
roam1 wrote:

You ask many over the road truckdrivers out there and most of them will agree with sprintmod1. They want Michelins on the steer axle. And as a retired truckdriver, I can tell you that Goodyear had a rivering (aka Erosion) problem way back in the 1980s.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
No I didn't have no problem since I had G670s. ๐Ÿ™‚

roam1
Explorer
Explorer

sprintmod1
Explorer
Explorer
Goodyear G670's on the rear with 32,000 miles in 2 years with no problems.

Michelin's on the front with about 36,000 miles on them in 2 1/2 years with no problems.

I will not put Goodyears on the front of any large vehicle that I own.
2010 American Coach Revolution 42w; carrying 2014 HD Electra Glide Limited and towing 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD.
Dirt's for racing and asphalt for getting there.
410 Sprint Car's rule!

jcamp123
Explorer
Explorer
I blew a front tire doing 65 towing my toad. Blew out on the inside. One week later blew out drivers side inside rear also on sidewall. 18,000 miles on coach and tires were 5 years old with no cracks anywhere. Had tires inspected by a Goodyear rep and he could find nothing wrong .Replaced them with 6 new G670's. Hoping for the best.
Joe
Joe and Susan
Tara the toy poodle and Patches the cat
Retired Teamster traveling when I can
2006 Allegro 32 BA
2009 Saturn Vue Red Line
FMCA 50826
-----------------------------------
He who dies with the most toys wins !!

Sully2
Explorer
Explorer
With approx 26,000 miles on mine, I have experienced NO PROBLEMS and would have re-tired in 2013 with the same EXCEPT the present tires I am running were approx $150 LESS EACH than the present cost of $641 PLUS $40 FET each. Ridiculous to say the least.
presently.....Coachless!...
2002 Jeep Liberty
2016 Ford Escape

TN_Tarheel
Explorer
Explorer
Eight years and 40,000 miles with no tire faults. There less expensive tires out there just as good so price would be my determing factor when I replace.

kdk
Explorer
Explorer
My Holiday Rambler came with G670's. At 7000 miles the front showed signs of rivering. Called Goodyear and they said they didn't know anything about rivering (I guess they don't read this forum), but said to rotate to the rear and get an alignment. I did all of this and now at 43000 mi. the front and the outside rears rivered so bad that it wore thru the outside tire rib that the steering wheel started to shimmy. Called Goodyear again and they promised to have the district rep. come and look at them, which they never did. Replaced them with Michelin XZA3+ and am very pleased after 6 months. Would not have G670's again, not saying they don't make good car tires but their customer service and standing behind their product is poor. If you have any doubts about this just do a search on this forum and IRV2 as well.
JMHO; KDK
06 Holiday Rambler Ambassador
2016 Ford Explorer twin turbo