cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV inspection in NewYork

Mawgan
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I purchased a motorhome in California and drove it back to my home in Orange County New York. It's time for registration and inspection, but getting the RV inspected seems to be a mystery. Does anyone know of an inspection station in NY?
7 REPLIES 7

Oilman
Explorer
Explorer
Use the link Dutch Posted. A quick search listed 42 inspection stations in Orange County for vehicles over 18000 lbs.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
I suggest you find a good independent Truck Repair facility near you. I am much happier at the local truck repair place near me than I am with RV dealers.

A good mechanic is your best friend.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

cyntdon2010
Explorer
Explorer
Yearly inspections are just a money maker for the state.Florida had them years ago..
2010 lacrosse T.T 318 bhs 34 ft,blue ox-tow bar,2005 FORD F-150 larait super crew,Firestone ready rite-air bags lift kit

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's a link to the NYS DMV inspection station locator:

https://transact.dmv.ny.gov/FacilityLookup/
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

therink
Explorer
Explorer
If gvwr is bunker 26000 mostly any auto repair facility can perform NYSI. If not, any truck dealer will take it but you will likely need an appointment.

In NY, any facility that is licensed to do inspections has a State issued metal sign with their license # visibly displayed on the outside of the building.
Steve Rinker
Rochester, NY
2013 Keystone Sydney 340FBH 5th Wheel, 12,280 lbs loaded (scale)
2015.5 GMC Sierra Denali 3500, SRW, Duramax, CC, Payload 3,700 (sticker- not scaled yet)

Take my posts for what they are, opinions based on my own experiences.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Call a local RV dealer and ask if they do NYS vehicle safety inspections. And if not, who does their inspections. Alternately, if your RV's weight is under 18,000 lbs, any light vehicle inspection station can do it. If over that, check with medium and heavy duty truck garages.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Did you contact the State Police or DMV? I'm sure they can direct you.

How about contacting a local RV dealer and see where they get their units inspected.

Does New York require vehicles to be inspected?