cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety Cones - Do you carry them?

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Was considering carrying 3-4 of the orange safety cones aboard my RV. To be used in the event of a flat or breakdown. Place these behind RV between driver's side and side of highway/road at an angle moving away from RV. Are the 18" tall ones with reflective tape adequate?

Like this one:

2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K
19 REPLIES 19

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
I haul around the foldup reflective triangles. They seem to be popular with the real trucks.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, we carry them.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I carry 2 small cones and a set of triangles. Sometimes I use the cones for a marker when backing in or if the rv happens to be sticking out a little more in a parking lot.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bad edit on my part.......
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, much prefer the fold out reflective triangles. They take up less room and I think they reflect better and don't blow over as easy. I carry two kits giving me six reflectors.

Amazon reflective triangles.

And yes, probably a dozen or more road flares in case it's bad weather.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.