cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate spaces

Winnipeg
Explorer
Explorer
We work part of the year and do most with computers, so we want a coach with spaces to work. Damon (Thor) had a cool floor plan a few years ago that had 3 distinct rooms. They needed 6 slides to do it, which seams dicey to me. No matter,Damon and the cool floor plan are gone.

Thor has something similar in a gas coach (Challenge 37kt), but that is too much coach on a gas chassis for my taste.

Is there a DP available that has space for 2 people to work?
7 REPLIES 7

Winnipeg
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
I think this is what your looking for:2009 Damon Tuscany with 6 slides

This floorplan was only available in 2009 in this model coach.

Yes, that is the floor plan we liked. It was a Damon in 2008 (+/-). Six slides seams wrong to me, too many moving parts.

Interesting too that the seller wants $179k, they were selling (new) for less back in 2009.

Maybe a bunk model is worth looking into, it has some space flexibility.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
I think this is what your looking for:2009 Damon Tuscany with 6 slides

This floorplan was only available in 2009 in this model coach.

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't forget to look at some of the bunkhouse floor plans. I saw one where the bunks were removed and converted to an office. It was really nice. The other person could work elsewhere.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
If the under the bed area is storage only, switch to a Murphy bed for one work area. Dinette should do nicely for the other.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Look for a 2006 Monaco Knight 40' PLQ plan with 4 slides. It has a large bedroom with desk. The other person can use the dinette. Or you can find a bunkhouse floor plan, remove the bunk beds and insert a desk. Thor Palazzo is one with bunk bed option. Winnebago made an Adventurer with sitting area in the bedroom. Don't remember what year. I think it was also a 37' gas tho.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Busskipper
Explorer
Explorer
Winnipeg wrote:
We work part of the year and do most with computers, so we want a coach with spaces to work. Damon (Thor) had a cool floor plan a few years ago that had 3 distinct rooms. They needed 6 slides to do it, which seams dicey to me. No matter,Damon and the cool floor plan are gone.

Thor has something similar in a gas coach (Challenge 37kt), but that is too much coach on a gas chassis for my taste.

Is there a DP available that has space for 2 people to work?

This might be an option.

Just like in your house - you need to option out the spaces so they work best for YOU. In 450 sq ft only so much will fit, so IMHO it needs to be thought out. In our Coach the make up counter works as a desk if the DW needs separate spaces, we designed a Buffet with a flip up dinning table that stores a computer and large screen on the floor for travel but is a great work area when parked. Of course a laptop does work in your lap.

Look into a good used 45' Coach and see how it can be adapted, being just a little creative you can do a lot.

BOL,
Busskipper
Maryland/Colorado
Travel Supreme 42DS04
GX470-FMCA - Travel less now - But still love to be on the Road
States traveled in this Coach

Twilite_Lady
Explorer
Explorer
Our coach has an area that can either be a bunk bed area for guests or an eating area. We use it for our laptops or for a friend that travels with us or storage. Check it out, the RV is in my signature.
DH - George USA Retired
DW - Twila
Sydney The Wonder Dog - Miniature Australian Shepherd
2015 Solei 38R
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport