cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sewer solution

et2
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased this for our MH as our dump connection is literally inches from the ground with the hoses attached. It's been a real pain trying to dump at times as I found myself walking the sewage down the hose to the sewer connection.

This system seems like it will fix this problem. My issue is the extension hose only has aluminum connectors to attach the hoses together - no hose clamps are included. Anyone who has used the extension, have you had any issues with the hoses coming apart without clamps? It seems like it could be a problem. Not to mention the hose connect to the pump doesn't have a hose clamp at the elbow at the end of the hose either. The only hose clamp it at the pump where the hose is attached.

This just seems like a accident waiting to happen.
21 REPLIES 21

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
et2 wrote:
The reason I bought it was on my MH I have a issue using the normal sewer hose as it exits my drain too low causing many times sewage needing to run uphill.

On most coaches, the sewer drain on the coach will rotate 90 degrees and instead of dumping straight out the bottom, you can hook up your hose and drain out the side with the basement door open. This may eliminate the problem with your sewer bend being so low with the bottom drain.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
atomicglock wrote:

Yes, there were/are always dump stations. You made my point for me. Why carry around a fancy, expensive, special piece of equipment that you may or may not be able to use? The stinky slinky will work most everywhere. JMHO.

because every third night or so I get a full service campground and can hook up the hose to my macerator or sewer solution and dump at my convenience. It costs me $10 a week extra for the convenience. and I don't have to handle a stinky slinky and it's accompanying issues.
the macerator is nice and clean, easy to use, easy to rinse and takes the "bad" out of the worst RV job there is.
If people want to save a couple of bucks and have to deal with a dump station, that is their problem.
bumpy

atomicglock
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
atomicglock wrote:
Curiosity question when using the Sewer Solution: There have been campgrounds I've stayed at that did not have the capability to hook up a hose to the water spigot or there was some sort of pedestal type thing with a spring on top and a permanently attached hose/spray nozzle. What does one do then?

Then you probably don't have a sewer hookup anyway. Dump with the same 3" sewer hose like everyone else at the dump station. It's not a permanent fixture if you can't use it. Dump as normal

Yes, there were/are always dump stations. You made my point for me. Why carry around a fancy, expensive, special piece of equipment that you may or may not be able to use? The stinky slinky will work most everywhere. JMHO.

et2
Explorer
Explorer
atomicglock wrote:
Curiosity question when using the Sewer Solution: There have been campgrounds I've stayed at that did not have the capability to hook up a hose to the water spigot or there was some sort of pedestal type thing with a spring on top and a permanently attached hose/spray nozzle. What does one do then?

Then you probably don't have a sewer hookup anyway. Dump with the same 3" sewer hose like everyone else at the dump station. It's not a permanent fixture if you can't use it. Dump as normal

atomicglock
Explorer
Explorer

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I really don't like the SS as it is just to slow and I prefer to use my macerator when needed.
Nevertheless the SS does work as designed and the connections do not leak.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

et2
Explorer
Explorer
OK, here's my review. It works as advertised ( without need for more hose clamps). Grey water dumps just fine. The whole process is slower than the stinky slinky, but that was known before my purchase. The reason I bought it was on my MH I have a issue using the normal sewer hose as it exits my drain too low causing many times sewage needing to run uphill.

This pumps it uphill without a issue and with a allowable bend in the hose coming out from under the MH. The only thing that bothered me was dumping the black tank. You can visually see it with the extended elbow I needed. When you see clumps of toilet paper starting to come down to the pump section I cringed it was going to plug it up. Well the first time it sorta did a little. But that I think was because just before I started the dump process I made a deposit upstairs. I don't think that toilet paper was saturated enough with water and caused it, as it was towards the end.

It wasn't enough to stop fluids from pumping. So I shut the black tank valve and back washed it with the pump jet and was able to break it up, opened the valve again and everything worked fine. Our second a week later dump went without a hiccup.

So I believe I will be very pleased. No smell at all, and the hose is cleaned out with the pump with clean water after every use. One of the cleanest ways to dump and very easy to store, very compact.

deandec
Explorer
Explorer
ctpres wrote:
Hint for long runs. Buy PVC pipe and add between PVC fitting on end of hose and elbow at rubber drain fitting. No cement needed, just push pipe and connectors together. Been doing that for over two years and only have the original ten foot hose.

X2.

I cut two 10' PVC pipes in half for easy storage and made end connections with no pvc cement being used. Also, I use plugs for ends of pipe sections when not being used. All available at your local big box irrigation department.
Dean
95 CC Magna, Jeep GC

Cbones
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Cbones wrote:
. If I don't need to pump the water, there really is no benefit. It also uses a fair amount of water when operating.

one benefit to me was much cleaner/easier clean up and storage than a stinky slinky and it didn't retain a cup of filthy water that always dripped out of the drained slinky.
bumpy

That has never been a problem for me as I always use caps on both ends of the hose.

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
et2 wrote:
I just purchased this for our MH as our dump connection is literally inches from the ground with the hoses attached. It's been a real pain trying to dump at times as I found myself walking the sewage down the hose to the sewer connection.

This system seems like it will fix this problem. My issue is the extension hose only has aluminum connectors to attach the hoses together - no hose clamps are included. Anyone who has used the extension, have you had any issues with the hoses coming apart without clamps? It seems like it could be a problem. Not to mention the hose connect to the pump doesn't have a hose clamp at the elbow at the end of the hose either. The only hose clamp it at the pump where the hose is attached.

This just seems like a accident waiting to happen.

I have the system and no mine doesn't have a hose clamp either at the connection. Been using it for years no leaks.

We have a clean-out in front of our house I use when dumping at home. Due to the distance I use 2 10' lengths of 1" PVC pipe.

They work great in my opinion...
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Cbones wrote:
. If I don't need to pump the water, there really is no benefit. It also uses a fair amount of water when operating.

one benefit to me was much cleaner/easier clean up and storage than a stinky slinky and it didn't retain a cup of filthy water that always dripped out of the drained slinky.
bumpy

jbuening
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the Sewer Solution for several years and have never had a problem with it. It has never disconnected and I use no additional clamps.
Jack Buening
Jack Buening
Jacksonville, FL

ctpres
Explorer
Explorer
Hint for long runs. Buy PVC pipe and add between PVC fitting on end of hose and elbow at rubber drain fitting. No cement needed, just push pipe and connectors together. Been doing that for over two years and only have the original ten foot hose.
A "Retired" Mind is a Terrible Thing to Waste
Chuck USNR, USAF & USCGA and Suzie
Challenger Owners Club

2015 Thor Challenger 37KT
2014 Ford Fiesta
2011 Sea Eagle 385 FT kayak
2009 Polaris RZR
2014 Zenetto Stealth road bike

Cbones
Explorer
Explorer
Clamps on the extension are not necessary, as others have already said. I use mine occasionally, and it works well when I need to move waste uphill. The only negative for me is that dumping takes a lot longer than with the standard slinky hose. If I don't need to pump the water, there really is no benefit. It also uses a fair amount of water when operating.