cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slide Creep

vector
Explorer
Explorer
Over the years and after many, many extensions and retractions, the big left side slide has crept forward. The slide has moved forward enough so that the difference between the clearances on the front and back side is noticeable. I make sure all is level F to R and L to R before extending the slide, so I doubt improper leveling is the cause of the movement. The RV has a slight forward rake, so the rear end sits a little higher than the front, probably due to an extra leaf in each rear spring set. I figure that over time, the constant hammering as I motor over the highways, and the jostling that results, have caused the slide's forward movement. Has anyone else out there experienced this, and if so, what was done do to correct the problem? I had thought about using the leveling jacks to raise the front end, and then run the slide back and forth a few times to let gravity help pull it back into place towards the rear. That solution might cause more problems than it would solve. Any ideas would certainly help!
2001 GB Pursuit 3512DS
Ford F53 V-10
Banks Powerpack
Trans Command
2002 Honda CR-V AWD
1 REPLY 1

Mike_M2
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same issue on mine, it was so bad it was rubbing and killed the slide gasket. My slide sits on 3 pads that connect it to the slide frame and where these pads connect to the slide the bolt holes are slotted. We simply jacked the slide up using a car jack and a 2 by 4 until it cleared the pads, then with 2 guys pushing it slid back about an inch. I tightened the bolts on the pads and it's done...
Mike M2
Thor Infinity 33SL