cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slide out in slide out

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Several years ago at the Hershey show, I know I saw a motorhome that had a slide out in a slide out. I don't remember what make or model. It didn't seem to be a good idea to me but that is opinion. Some extras seem to be added to rv's just because they can do it. Some friends of mine are skeptical that they were ever made. Has anyone else seen one or have info of one?
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad
11 REPLIES 11

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a link to the National 'slide in a slide' as I would like to see it. National owned Country Coach before it all closed.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Before they went under, I think National RV was the first to offer a "slide-in-slide" feature. I don't recall which of their several brands had it though.

Yes National created it and Monaco bought the rights out of bankruptcy.

At first people were asking why but it gave more flexibility in usage. You could retain the ability to move around in the coach with the slides in but get the advantage of deeper slides when parked.

When parked in a narrow spot only slide out to the first section.
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Also, Country Coach had the 'Veranda' model where the slide on the front passenger side would open to make a patio area. There was a full glass sliding door opening to the kitchen/living area.. A railing would pop up as part of the mechanism.

Personally, I thought that model was only good for a person who was handicapped and couldn't maneuver the steps well. If a person was in a wheel chair or walker, they could step out on the Veranda to enjoy the outside as the floor was level from the coach.

MM.
Mr.Mark

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I remember that Alpha Leisure offered a 'tip-out' slide in the bedroom. I can't find it anywhere on the Internet but I definitely remember it. It was in the bedroom and would tip-out and a dressing table or desk could fold down. There were no motors involved so it was a 'cheap' slide to get extra room in the bedroom.

MM.
Mr.Mark

two_slides
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Before they went under, I think National RV was the first to offer a "slide-in-slide" feature. I don't recall which of their several brands had it though.

National indeed did have this setup but I can't recall what brand it was on.

they also had one that the whole passenger side opened up and dropped down to create a complete PATIO room. I had a picture of it years ago, it was probably a prototype rv & never went into production

holstein13
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting the question Tommy G. I never saw this either but find these innovations very interesting. Sounds like a cool idea in theory.
2015 Newmar King Aire 4599
2012 Ford F150 Supercrew Cab
-------------------------------------------------------------
`

tommy_g
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks! My curiosity has been fulfilled.
1998 Bounder 36s F53 460 V8 Banks power & Honda Accord toad

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
The 2011 Monaco Dynasty Majesty V had a slide within a slide. Currently, you can see pictures here

Last summer, we say a fifth-wheel with a slide within a slide.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have not seen it, but I agree with your assessment. There is a great deal of "we can therefore we must" in a lot of things.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Tommy,

Yes, Monaco made a 'Majestic' with a slide in a slide in the Dynasty line (advertised with 5 slides). The slide in a slide was in the living room behind the driver. I, too, didn't think it was a great idea because that would really limit your space in an RV Park.

Also, you would have extra seals and an extra topper to contend with. Just my opinion.

MM.

On edit, I found some pics.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=monaco+dynasty+majestic+5+slides&qpvt=Monaco+Dynasty+Majestic+5+slides&FORM=IGRE
Mr.Mark