cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide won't go out

Hpymils
Explorer
Explorer
We have 2016 class C forester 2431S. The slide won't come out. I have checked things that I think might reset the slide, but nothing worked. I tried to post pictures of the electric panels but don't know how. Any body have any suggestion on what to do?
6 REPLIES 6

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
The screw and slide rails on my 09 Cambria were gummed up and it caused the motor to shut off on it's internal protector. Be sure it isn't jammed somehow and check if there is maybe something holding it from going out. between my bed and wall is a great place for items to fall. I removed the mattress, a few screws holding the plywood platform and then everything is visible. Like a garbage disposal, sometimes they need a nudge.Mine also has an access to insert a socket to turn it back in manually if the motor failed, check for that.

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
The main reason that I bought a 'C' without a slide. I'm a single RVer and don't need the extra room. I just knew that if a slide stopped working, it would break in the extended position. I'm like the character in the "Li'l Abner" cartoons with a permanent black cloud over my head.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Find the controller and see if you are getting an error code. Call Forest River and tell them the issue, they might be able to talk you through it. A Thor representative recently told us how to get a slide back in, but I've heard others that they didn't think it would work.

We had an issue recently with one of our slides where it stopped going out part way and would not retract in. Ended up having to call a RV mobile tech to get back in. Extended warranty is covering to replace the motor, but got a message the other day that they (dealership) was having trouble getting the slide to go in and think the mobile tech might of stripped something. Still waiting to hear what is going on with it.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

amandasgramma
Explorer
Explorer
Are slides hydraulic or cable? Our slides are cable....one unraveled and broke and slide would not go out. Found the part on Amazon, delivered in 3 days and fixed in less than an hour.
My mind is a garden. My thoughts are the seeds. My harvest will be either flower or weeds

Dee and Bob
plus 2 spoiled cats
On the road FULL-TIME.......see ya there, my friend

AprilWhine
Explorer
Explorer
Make sure your parking brake is set, engine off.
1997 Prevost by Angola towing 2014 Honda CRV
OR
2008 Winnebago View towing 2015 Fiat 1957 Anniversary Edition
Pick one

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Happened once to us, there was a blown fuse. you have to look for them, the one that blew was under the bed. they put them in the darndest places