cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sloping driveway parking

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
I am going to need about 12-13" of lift on the front tires of my rig to get it level.

Short of building wood ramps are there any over-the-counter solutions?

My front G.A.W.R. (Gross Axle Weight Rating) is 5,000 lbs.
2021 27' Lazy Daze mid bath
10 REPLIES 10

Mel_Stuplich
Explorer
Explorer

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
Something like this might work for you. If entry height is an issue you cad extend it with a 2 x 10. Ramps with jack to add lift
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

schlep1967
Nomad
Nomad
One thing you are going to have to watch when you need to go uo that much is the height of the front air dam on your unit. Take a board and place it in front of your front wheel. Now raise the front end up until you hit any part of the front of your vehicle. Mark the board where it touches the vehicle and measure the height at that point. Subtract an inch from the height as when you back down the ramp and hit bottom the suspension will contract and you don't want to tear that front air dam off. Measure the length of board to your mark in feet. Assuming your height minus an inch is 6" and the distance from the front tire to the mark is 2 feet. Your ramp can only go up 3" per foot of ramp. For 12" of lift you would need a minimum of 4 feet of ramp.
You may have a hard time finding an over the counter solution that long.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
call a contractor have him pour you a slab to fit, up and down on car ramps and wood things sooner or later your gonna have a acident.

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Whats the wheelbase? Old vs new?

The new is 149"
Not sure about the old.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not being level when in storage has advantages as ksg indicated.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Whats the wheelbase? Old vs new?

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure the reason your looking for level. But in general if your rig is level enough to be comfortable for a person it's level enough for your fridge. The number of inches between the two axles is significant and there are plenty of posts which have the "numbers/equations". In my yard I keep my Class C with the nose high so that water drains away from the cab (problem in many Class C's).
Kevin

SHRED
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingaimlessly wrote:
Your prior post seemed to cover this, and you only needed about 7" of rise. remember, it's wheelbase or jack locations that determine the run of your slope. the 12" your thinking of now is based, I believe, on your total unit length.
If you want a simple method to test how close you can get simply, since you appeared to need 7 inches, try getting a set of portable vehicle ramps such as these ramp
easy enough to take them back if 8" isnt enough.

Since the last post I realized that my driveway flattens a bit where the front wheels rest.
My previous 24' RV was almost level at 10.5".

I also thought my Rhino ramps wouldn't hold the the increased weight. I place them on a wooden lift ramp for an added 4".

I just now realized these plastic ramps hold 6,000 lbs.

I'm thinking of adding some more wood under the wood ramps to get me close with the Rhinos.

It would just be nice have a simpler solution.

Thanks

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Your prior post seemed to cover this, and you only needed about 7" of rise. remember, it's wheelbase or jack locations that determine the run of your slope. the 12" your thinking of now is based, I believe, on your total unit length.
If you want a simple method to test how close you can get simply, since you appeared to need 7 inches, try getting a set of portable vehicle ramps such as these ramp
easy enough to take them back if 8" isnt enough.