cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splendede washer lint filter cleanout

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
Curious if anyone has come up with a good idea for cleaning the washer lint filter?

When we unscrew ours, we always get a flood of water onto the floor. The water runs out the filter hole, and down the front of the machine, to the floor.

We try to catch it with a towel, but a lot gets by us.

Wondering if there are any suggestions out there.
Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog
15 REPLIES 15

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
larry cad wrote:
LouLawrence wrote:
And, more importantly, water wasters!

Does that mean you don't wash your cloths at all?

:S

Try to stay with posts and responses before trying to make me look like a fool.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:

Does that mean you don't wash your cloths at all?

:S

Our Travel Blog

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyemunson wrote:
With a bunch of washer owners here, what is the consensus on Splendide washers? Are they well built and reliable? I just got a motorhome with washer prep and have realized there several to pick from (Splendide, Equator, LG). Anyone have comments on them? Thanks!

Splendide is a major European supplier/Brand. Most of the world uses these type machines in there homes , not rv’s . The US is unusual with the large double machines. We have several foreign visitors who were always amazed at the American machines. 😉 I believe the thought was the American models were space wasters lol
Bill

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
Those are Splendie's instructions for cleaning the trap. It's not a trick I created.

Got it. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

:B

Our Travel Blog

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
garyemunson wrote:
With a bunch of washer owners here, what is the consensus on Splendide washers? Are they well built and reliable? I just got a motorhome with washer prep and have realized there several to pick from (Splendide, Equator, LG). Anyone have comments on them? Thanks!

Ours is 22 years old and going strong. First time you go to the laundromat and shove $40 in quarters into the machines, you realize how useful the Splendede is.

Our Travel Blog

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
The Splendide is great AS LONG AS it is a vented unit. If not, it's completely worthless. The dry cycle takes forever and does a terrible job. We had one in our last coach for 20 years and it was still working when we sold it (we full time so it got LOTS of use).
If you had the room for a stacked washer/dryer (with vented dryer) you will be much happier as you can wash and dry at the same time and usually do larger loads. The Splendide does a great job but has limitations and you must follow the instructions to get the best results.

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Those are Splendie's instructions for cleaning the trap. It's not a trick I created.

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
rdhetrick wrote:
It's not really a lint filter, it's more of a trap to catch and prevent larger things like coins from going through the pump.

I used to check mine once a year but never found anything. When I checked it, I just had a bath towel ready, it was enough to catch most of the water.

I tried a cookie sheet, but it just spread the water around more!

Tried both. Either one is a mess. I get lots of lint in mine. Hmmm.

Our Travel Blog

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
LouLawrence wrote:
You first need to put the washer in the spin cycle and let it wind up. This will drain the water out and only a small amount of water will trickle out when you remove the filter. Remove the debris and wash it off and reinstall before the spin cycle is completed. Easy Peasy!

Will have to try that. Thanks

Our Travel Blog

rdhetrick
Explorer
Explorer
It's not really a lint filter, it's more of a trap to catch and prevent larger things like coins from going through the pump.

I used to check mine once a year but never found anything. When I checked it, I just had a bath towel ready, it was enough to catch most of the water.

I tried a cookie sheet, but it just spread the water around more!
Rob - Solo Full Timer
2017 Winnebago Travato 59G
Former 2006 Mandalay 40E

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
You first need to put the washer in the spin cycle and let it wind up. This will drain the water out and only a small amount of water will trickle out when you remove the filter. Remove the debris and wash it off and reinstall before the spin cycle is completed. Easy Peasy!

larry_cad
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
How often do you clean it. Is it possible to blow out the line or install a pre-filter filter that is easily cleaned?

Really don't care to try to remove the washer. It is in close quarters, and weighs a ton.

I was looking for something I could do to the discharge end, as in the part just inside the little door that covers the filter.

I can open the little door fine. Then I have to unscrew the filter and just at the very end of the threads, the water gushes out.

Our Travel Blog