cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sunseeker or Four Winds

HockeyTownMom
Explorer
Explorer
How in the world do I decide? Oh man! We found the floor plans we like, Sunseeker 3010DS or Four Winds 31L. The Sunseeker, the only thing that I really liked (that the other doesn't has) is the trash was under the counter the access was from the outside and the very large window in the back. We haven't seen the Four Winds in person yet.
Kristina, Jesse and our 5 kids
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds
16 REPLIES 16

HockeyTownMom
Explorer
Explorer
I would rather stay with a FR product, overall I've been pretty happy with our Roo construction and their costumer service. So we're going to look at the 3010ds and 3170ds on Saturday.
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
sunseeker is better-however if the 4 winds have the options you want what can i say/

go to rvdirect and price a sunseeker with the same options then decide

paullac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Sunseeker 3100 so I'm biased but I went through all the brands prior to deciding on it.

This is a no brainer in my opinion.

Sunseeker hands down.

The fiberglass roof times whatever number we're up to now (lost track).

Another huge factor was Azdel walls. Google RV Azdel walls if you need more info. When we bought ours, only two brands offered both a fiberglass roof & Azdel walls. Those two were Forest River (Sunseeker or Forester) & Nexus. At the end of the day, we really only considered those two brands. Given our limited use (1 week long trip plus 8 to 10 weekend trips a year), Sunseeker won out over Nexus based on a bang for the buck comparison. I believe Nexus is a great product, don't get me wrong. But it costs more. And for our limited use, I didn't feel it was worth the extra price.

As for dealer, another shout out for RVDirect dot com. We bought ours at their Buffalo NY location & saved a lot versus a nearby dealer. The nearby dealer had a great price but they were still a few thousand dollars higher than RVDirect. By the way, because I'm sure it will come up, we had no problem getting warranty service. But its something to consider as your experience could be different I suppose. Worst case, from SE Michigan (I'm a former suburban Detroit guy by the way), you drive it to Elkhart, IN (Northern IN) for the factory to work on it. But it really won't come to that.

Good luck & keep us posted.
All previous rigs below are sold - waiting until the kids graduate to the buy the next one!
'13 Forest River Sunseeker 3100 Class C
'04 Fleetwood Sedona Pop Up / Reese Mini 350 / Prodigy / BAL
'94 Coleman Cedar Pop Up

littlemo
Explorer
Explorer
Markiemark32 wrote:
We were sold on Sunseeker's roof construction

--Fiberglass

versus rubber(EPDM).

Both have seals to maintain, but the fiberglass more durable in my opinion.

Also visit Forest River's Forum, Sunseeker section, to learn more from owner's. Company supports open communication, even with a rep helping out when needed.FR Sunseeker Forum

Good luck on the search and have fun!

Markiemark

Ditto!!!

homer1959
Explorer
Explorer
At the price you pay you must have it the way you want it. If you're not happy with the interior dont buy it, if you do so you will regret in a month or a year from now;)

Southpaw+Bulldog2 wrote:
2015 Sunseeker 3170 DS or 2015 Four Winds 31E?

Sunseeker in-stock an hour away, solid build, new round sink was nice. No exterior tv or leveling system installed.

Four Winds in-stock 4 hours away, has exterior tv and leveling system installed, leather driver and passenger seats. Don't like the interior color pattern.

what to do???

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a LOT more to look for in a Class C than price, floorplan, and roof construction.

You might want to make a long master list before making a decision. Prioritize the list and pick the Class C that best fulfills the largest portion of the list.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Southpaw_Bulldo
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Sunseeker 3170 DS or 2015 Four Winds 31E?

Sunseeker in-stock an hour away, solid build, new round sink was nice. No exterior tv or leveling system installed.

Four Winds in-stock 4 hours away, has exterior tv and leveling system installed, leather driver and passenger seats. Don't like the interior color pattern.

what to do???

campmansd
Explorer
Explorer
I have the sunseeker 3170 ds, I have lived in it for two weeks and love it.

lowreyfarris
Explorer
Explorer
I traded in a Four Winds for a Sunseeker. Dealing with water leaks is the worst problem you can have. I had to replace the rubber roof on my Fourwinds at $3,000 and I also had leaks in the cabover when the unit was only a couple years old. Like most, I went with the sunseeker for the fiberglass roof and cap on the cabover.

The four winds was a 2007, 28A and the Sunseeker is a 2013, 3170. The finish and build quality is much nicer on the Sunseeker, but this may be to the 5 year age difference.

I LOVE my Sunseeker!
2013 Sunseeker 3170DS
1999 Jeep Wrangler

RvBill3
Explorer
Explorer
HockeyTownMom wrote:
YWORRYDOG wrote:

--Fiberglass X2

Where did you buy from?

We bought from RvDirect.com and had a great experience. There was no dealer near us. The one we looked at was at a dealer 200 miles away. But they could not beat the price of RvDirect. Save $35,000 over MSRP and beat dealer by $8000.
2012 Forest River Sunseeker 2300 Chevy

HockeyTownMom
Explorer
Explorer
YWORRYDOG wrote:

--Fiberglass X2

Where did you buy from?
2015 Sunseeker 3170ds

YWORRYDOG
Explorer
Explorer

--Fiberglass X2
CHUCK and ROSE 2010 Sunseeker
We camp on earth

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Mich F wrote:
johnnyrv wrote:
Sunseeker cab over bed has wrap around cap which is less likely to leak.

Not necessarily - there are a number of people on here and other sites who have front wrap around caps, on new motor homes, from various manufacturers, with serious leak issues. 😞

less likely --is a key word, there.

Dig hard enough online, you will find issues, with all manufactuers/designs!

Find floorplans you like (which sounds like you have), strive to see them in person (many times fit, finish, & quality hard to see until seeing product in person), learn & research potential benefits between the manufactuers (will be debated online both ways).

Get to know your dealer & their strengths/feedack/follow-through/policy with warranty work and or service (sometimes may make or break you working through initial issues, all too common in RV's).

See if company's have open forum's to discuss & review feedback from real owner's.

Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
johnnyrv wrote:
Sunseeker cab over bed has wrap around cap which is less likely to leak.

Not necessarily - there are a number of people on here and other sites who have front wrap around caps, on new motor homes, from various manufacturers, with serious leak issues. 😞
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect