cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suspension bushings

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
So I recently got a 1999 holiday rambler 40' diesel pusher to pull my race car trailer with. I noticed the first couple times I started towing with it, it seemed like it was a little unstable. I crawled up under it and found the rear panhard bar bushing on one side completely gone. When I say completely ..... I mean nothing inside of the arms eyelet and you could see wear marks on the bracket where it is moving around.
Any place that sell replacement bushings... Maybe a kit to replace the trailering arm bushings as well. If like to get something stronger then stock maybe because I'm using it to tow with.

Thank for your help

Joe
6 REPLIES 6

Nascarcruzin
Explorer
Explorer
I own a 1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40ft DP with the Roadmaster R 3100 Chassis. Will the bushings you described fit mine?

Ronnie & Rebecca

Soddy Daisy, TN
Full-timing since 2004
Check out our adventures:
North to Alaska 2011

Travel Journal Enter the password - 12345
2008 Alaskan adventure
2009 Northeast coast and Canadian Maritimes

1999 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40WDS
FMCA #388387

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
You rock my friend ^^^^^^^ just ordered 10 to do whole rear suspension. Thank you for your help ..... all your information was acurate. part #, price, phone # ect!!

Thanks again!!

Jamboree89
Explorer
Explorer
I believe you have the Monaco RR8R chassis. If so, your motorhome bushings are deteriorating (crumbling away), the originals are a three piece design. You can get a new design bushing from Monaco RV, LLC in Coburg, OR. I believe the phone number is 877-466-6226. The new design bushings are a 1 piece design and much improved. The panhard bar and the trailing arms all take the same bushing, P/N 01803668, Bushing suspension cartridge REV A. They are about $17.00 each, you'll need 10 to do the complete rear suspension. The front suspension is the same as the rear. I have not needed to replace the front suspension bushings on my signature rig as yet.
1998 Monaco Dynasty
Scion Xb
Collin and Alfie the dogs

Slojoe72
Explorer
Explorer
No place sells poly bushings ... for Rv's?

sososixmpg
Explorer
Explorer
That was vasoline not gasolineโ€ฆ

sososixmpg
Explorer
Explorer
I was able to find rubber bushings at NAPA. They had an assortment of bushings and styles. Telling them you need a particular bushing for that year model is out of the question. Just be creative as you may have to customize your find as I did on my Winnebago rear sway bar. I replaced mine and not had any trouble in the last 3 years. It took a little vasoline to get them (4) in place... WELL WORTH IT<><><><>****