cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Television

jjshadrock
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone mounted a television on the ceiling of a motorhome so that it can be flipped down for viewing? If so, where did you buy the mounting gear? Does it stay secure?
6 REPLIES 6

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I put a TV in a storage bay with a ceiling mount, no problem with it falling. I think it was a "mount-it" brand.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
garyemunson wrote:
Our 2015 Winnebago came with one and it included a blow-molded case that conceals the TV when stowed. I'm pretty sure ours is a Winnebago in-house product as I've never seen it for sale anywhere. I may just have to use our Winnebago until the wheels fall off just so I can salvage that mount for our next RV. It makes me wish our sticks and bricks had as low a ceiling as the Winnebago as it is by far the best solution for in-bed watching I've come across. The TV is in just the right place and just the right angle to watch. Our last RV had the TV on the far wall and between the distance and size of TV, wasn't useful at all. A ceiling mounted RV TV is PERFECT for watching in bed. Your head is at the perfect angle and the distance to screen is just right. Once you get yours set up like that you may never want to get out of bed. My only concern would be finding a strong enough location on the ceiling to mount it. Ours has the mounting brackets spaced to align with the steel roof 'rafters' and is rock solid, up or down. Scroll through this RVTrader listing and you will see a pix of an identical one.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2015-Winnebago-VISTA-36Y-5001415862

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2015 Winnebago came with one and it included a blow-molded case that conceals the TV when stowed. I'm pretty sure ours is a Winnebago in-house product as I've never seen it for sale anywhere. I may just have to use our Winnebago until the wheels fall off just so I can salvage that mount for our next RV. It makes me wish our sticks and bricks had as low a ceiling as the Winnebago as it is by far the best solution for in-bed watching I've come across. The TV is in just the right place and just the right angle to watch. Our last RV had the TV on the far wall and between the distance and size of TV, wasn't useful at all. A ceiling mounted RV TV is PERFECT for watching in bed. Your head is at the perfect angle and the distance to screen is just right. Once you get yours set up like that you may never want to get out of bed. My only concern would be finding a strong enough location on the ceiling to mount it. Ours has the mounting brackets spaced to align with the steel roof 'rafters' and is rock solid, up or down. Scroll through this RVTrader listing and you will see a pix of an identical one.
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2015-Winnebago-VISTA-36Y-5001415862

Y-Guy
Moved from Toy Haulers to Class A

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here are two ideas for you:
Hinged TV mount.

And here is my BR ceiling mount over the bed.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your ceiling will support the weight of this TV? Canโ€™t think of ever seeing a โ€œflip downโ€ tv. Your idea?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad