cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The big boy class A's

etruitt
Explorer
Explorer
Just returned from approx. 8K mile trip from NC to OR and back. In all the campgrounds we stayed at we didn't see any of the Prevost motorhomes. Where do they stay? Am I missing something?
09 Holiday Rambler Neptune DP 35' 340HP Cummins 6 spd Allison Tranny
04 Dodge CTD LB 4WD, 6 sp,QC. 08 SunLite Eagle WS Popup TC.
Just me and DW on the road every chance we get!
53 REPLIES 53

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
J-Rooster wrote:
smlranger wrote:
We saw one in Newport, OR and several at Mountain Falls RV Resort in Lake Toxaway, NC. OH, and saw a bunch at the Marathon factory in Coburg, OR.
X-2, I stayed at a upscale RV Resort in Newport, Oregon in 1999 the RV Resort had a short "irons only" golf course. I can't remember the name of the RV Resort, but the RV Staff stuck me in the middle of the Millionaires Row. I had the only coach there that was under 1/2 million dollars. There was at least a dozen of these high end coaches there. If I'm not mistaken all the RV Spaces were For Sale or where owned and rented out? The RV Resort was high bank waterfront property.

Rooster: That resort you are talking about is Pacific Shores MotorCoach. I agree that most of the coaches there are Prevosts and Newells. Every once in a while you will see lower brand coaches, but not too often.

I stay across 101 at Whalers Rest for free. LOL!
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Let me put it like this. Define Apathetic: Don't know, Don't care!

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
smlranger wrote:
We saw one in Newport, OR and several at Mountain Falls RV Resort in Lake Toxaway, NC. OH, and saw a bunch at the Marathon factory in Coburg, OR.
X-2, I stayed at a upscale RV Resort in Newport, Oregon in 1999 the RV Resort had a short "irons only" golf course. I can't remember the name of the RV Resort, but the RV Staff stuck me in the middle of the Millionaires Row. I had the only coach there that was under 1/2 million dollars. There was at least a dozen of these high end coaches there. If I'm not mistaken all the RV Spaces were For Sale or where owned and rented out? The RV Resort was high bank waterfront property.

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
if you want to see lots of Prevost, Newells and other top of the line coaches,go to Nascar, NHRA races. Plenty of the racers have someone drive their coaches their to stay in rather than staying in hotels. On the way back from NY there were one after another of these big ones on the road coming from the Poconos after the race, most all of them had a 4 door full size pickup behind with a golf cart in the bed of the truck

RayChez
Explorer
Explorer
Folks with high end coaches usually do not mix with RVers that drive Monaco's or Country Coaches. Haven't you heard the saying: Birds of a feather stick together? LOL! You will see some older Prevosts, Newells and MCI, but not many. They have their high end resorts that are built to cater to these rich people.

Nothing wrong with it, I can see their point of segregating themselves to the same standards they have.
2002 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser
330 HP Caterpillar 3126-E
3000 Allison Transmission
Neway Freightliner chassis
2017 Buick Envision

John_S_
Explorer II
Explorer II
The provost next to me has 189 gallons of water and 189 gallon holding tank. I think he will make the week here at the balloon fest. I have 110 gallons grey and 80 black and 110 gallon of water and I will make it thru the the 10 days too.
John
2015 Born Free Royal Splendor on a Ford 550
2018 Rubicon
Boo Boo a Mi Kie
42' 36' & 34 Foretravels sold
2007 Born free 24 sold
2001 Wrangler sold
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland sold
Susie Dolly, Lolly &Doodle (CKC) now in our hearts and thoughts

mdprince
Explorer
Explorer
I took the kids (they are 20) to a concert called Coachella this spring, and we stayed at the Motorcoach Country Club. I've never seen that many high end coaches, ever !! We almost had the cheapest one there. lol Lot's of Prevosts and Newells with a few Heritages thrown in.

mp
2006 Revolution LE 40E
2004 Jeep Rubicon Toad/Brake Buddy or
20' Toy Trailer/Quads 'n Dirt Bikes

MrWizard
etruitt wrote:
I thought I had missed something. I guess they are cheaper than I am. But with their equipment they can stay anywhere they want. I have to dump every now and then and have hook ups now and then. Have not tried Walmart yet. I like to watch tv late at night. At Walmart I feel like I would have to turn off the gen set by about 10:00 PM or so.

If you need the generator for tv at night after driving all day
You need new batteries
If you had said A/C...It would have made sense
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We have them dry camping right next to us at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta! We'll make our holding tanks last the 12 days we're here. I wonder if they can. ๐Ÿ™‚
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Some of my friends I travel with have Prevosts and quite frankly they are a pain to do any outside the box real RV camping with. I.E MH's vs Bus.

As a destination MH the Prevost can't be beat hands down driving down the road especially long distance. But due to their size, maneuverability, parking, turning radius, etc., you can't just jump in and go have fun anywhere you want in one as easily as a standard size MH! Prevosts like to be parked and then the owners enjoy their amenities. :W

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Whats the big deal? You can buy a good used one for less than your average entry level 40ft class A. There is one advertised here in NC right now for $55,000. Probably 1/2 of what an entry level class A costs today and old don't matter with those.....Step on up there.

IMAGNLife_com
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting topic. I'm planning on ordering an upper-end coach (not Prevost level yet) and upon doing research on where to stay in our travels, it seems like the parks & grounds are almost segregated and you don't see many high end ones parked with the others. I was thinking it was more to length than anything else? Thanks - JB

et2
Explorer
Explorer
We've seen quite a lot this year here in MI. Mostly at class A resorts where you could purchase a lot just like in Florida. Some of the lots were very nice. Lot prices starting at $70,000 and up, and there was probably another $20,000 - 30,000 in landscaping done afterward. Quite a lot Prevost and upper end MH's. Rental rates were about $68 per night for someone's developed lot. Very nice setup.

There is one in Petosky MI, Hearthside Grove http://www.hearthsidegrove.com. It's over $90 per night rental. Almost every other MH there is a Prevost or similar. I bet there would be some very interesting people you could bump into at that place.

Many at these resorts were full timers and part timers leaving the warmer states for something cooler in the summer. They hit the road around October here and head back down to the warmth.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
etruitt wrote:
I thought I had missed something. I guess they are cheaper than I am. But with their equipment they can stay anywhere they want. I have to dump every now and then and have hook ups now and then. Have not tried Walmart yet. I like to watch tv late at night. At Walmart I feel like I would have to turn off the gen set by about 10:00 PM or so.

Firstly, they don't care and if you're by a lot of the trucks, they are idling or running compressors. Second, why waste genset fuel for that small of a load, when a small inverter will do the job just fine? The main thing that limits this kind of dry camping is the weather and it is sometimes too hot, doing without A/C continuously, unless you like spending your savings on fuel.
As for Prevost or other high priced rigs, I've seen most all of them in WM's.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)