cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thor customer service

maudski92
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 2017 Thor Ace in June of last year. Problems from day 1 - has been in the shop multiple times. Now has been in the shop at Camping World since February 16 with about 30 problems. Still waiting for Thor to send parts! Have talked to Thor multiple times since last week, little help! Does anyone have a good contact there?
14 REPLIES 14

Kaz
Explorer
Explorer
maudski92 wrote:
Bought a 2017 Thor Ace in June of last year. Problems from day 1 - has been in the shop multiple times. Now has been in the shop at Camping World since February 16 with about 30 problems. Still waiting for Thor to send parts! Have talked to Thor multiple times since last week, little help! Does anyone have a good contact there?

Wow, that's way different than my experience 5 years ago. At that time (I guess things have changed), Thor assigned a "concierge" to each new customer and the concierge was responsible for making sure the customer got whatever they needed. If that's still Thor's practice, I'd recommend going back to the concierge (even though it's been a while since your purchase) and ask that person for a phone number or e-mail contact so you can get to someone who will do something.

I'm really sad to read this. We've owned half a dozen brands of RVs over the years and Thor's customer service was by far the best I'd ever encountered.

Skip
Skip
K4EAK
2013 Thor ACE 30.1

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I should point out that in my travels.. I will be passing within 30 miles of Thor's warranty shop.. But.. I do like the mobile RV Tech idea better. Most of what I need done on this righ will be done that way.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
X2 on the mobile RV mechanic. No reason to take the coach out for non-super major repairs. They can handle most fixes.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Teacher's Pet wrote:
I would contact a shop that advertises they do "RV Glass", tell them it it will be a non-insurance job. You might be surprised what a new windshield might cost. I know 13 years ago I was told my '98 Intruder split windshield was around $350 installed on a cash job @ a Harmon Autoglass shop while having a windshield replaced for insurance purposes.

That sounds way better than what I"m expecting..
I"m currently in the Brunswick Ga area, then headed to Seneca SC, then likely will stop in TN for a night or two, Wilimngton Oh Detroit, Flint area (not flint but flint area) I think Harmon used to ber in Detroit but .. Well.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
Get it back from CW as quickly as possible and find a more reputable service provider. Start by checking RVServiceReviews. I've been reading lately that Thor hasn't been doing such a good job at providing buyers assistance so wherever you go might have some difficulties getting parts.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
I need to have half a windshield replaced.. Now Damon Warranty shop put it in originally.. I broke it.. but I'm wondering if Thor would be willing to do it or do I have to call a good glass company.

NOTE: This would NOT be warranty work

The Warranty "plant" however is set up to do the job better than anywhere else.

Anyone got a number or e-dress where I can contact them?

I would contact a shop that advertises they do "RV Glass", tell them it it will be a non-insurance job. You might be surprised what a new windshield might cost. I know 13 years ago I was told my '98 Intruder split windshield was around $350 installed on a cash job @ a Harmon Autoglass shop while having a windshield replaced for insurance purposes.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I need to have half a windshield replaced.. Now Damon Warranty shop put it in originally.. I broke it.. but I'm wondering if Thor would be willing to do it or do I have to call a good glass company.

NOTE: This would NOT be warranty work

The Warranty "plant" however is set up to do the job better than anywhere else.

Anyone got a number or e-dress where I can contact them?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I have a friend that is a tech supervisor at a large RV dealership. He said most RV manufacturers are getting more difficult to work with on warranty repairs and Thor is the worst.

Moved from Forum Technical Support

Hiker_01
Explorer
Explorer
The issue may not be with Thor. Bought a 2016 Thor ACE a bit over a year ago. During PDI, noticed one of the valences had blue magic marker on it. Reported it during PDI. A few months later, contacted dealer and made arrangements to bring in motorhome to replace valence. Within a week, Thor had shipped replacement part to me, I took motorhome to dealer, and part was replaced. No hassles at all. Haven't had any other issues with motorhome.

Don

Wolfe
Explorer
Explorer
No contacts, but what kind of problems are you having? I looked at a 2017 Thor Ace 30.3 a few days ago and like the layout.

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
Thor + Camping World = issues

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather call a mobile RV tech than take my TT to Camping World. They're known for taking month to fix things + bad customer service
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
Talk to your dealer. he was there for the sale, see what he can do for you now.
Dennis Hoppert