cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Man Valve Extenders for dual tires

Cooncatz
Explorer
Explorer
can anyone using Tire Man valve extenders for rear dual tires give me information on their performance? Are they worth the near $300 cost to have them installed?
50 REPLIES 50

wearenh
Explorer
Explorer
The TST (and EEZRV, and all other TPMS) are not stems, they are caps ... see pics
I recommend the EEZ brand... the pics below show the sensor caps with the
anti-theft housing ... if you remove it as I did (living life on the edge), the
sensors are the smallest of any TPMS sensors, and the system works great

EEZ TPMS Systems (we have 10 sensors: RV + Trailer)

2007 Gulf Stream 6211 (21' Shorty) Ford E350 V10
sometimes with #14 Racecar (18' KwikLoad Rollback)
sometimes with two gaited horses (Featherlite 9407)
sometimes just us camping with our dogs

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Since each tire only has one valve stem, how can you install both the Tireman stems and the TST stems?
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

ADOR
Explorer
Explorer
At least at the CW where I purchased the Borg kit, NO. Part of the reasonI returned it. Im here at Discount Tires right now having my Tireman Metal Valve Stem Kit (Not extenders) and TST 507 internal, strap mounted sensors installed. Getting ready for 3 week road trip.

Ponderosa
Explorer
Explorer
Does CW do the install on their valve extenders? $$?
2015 Thor Windsport 32N

WA7NDD
Explorer
Explorer
I put Tireman valves on my E350 two years ago. So much easier to deal with the tires. First time you air up you'll be glad you got them. I added the M66 Tireminder to them this month. Was so nice to just screw the transmitter onto a strong valve stem out in the open with no hassle. Worth every cent.
1998 Four Winds 5000 Rigby, ID

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Baja Man wrote:
are these the Tire Man extenders people are referring to?

Tire Man

Yes they are the ones.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
are these the Tire Man extenders people are referring to?

Tire Man
2023 GMC, 3500HD, Crew Cab, 6.6L Gas/6 Speed Auto, 4X4, Standard Bed; SRW
2011 Outback 250RS - Anniversary Edition
Equal-i-zer 10K

ADOR
Explorer
Explorer
Borg's kit from CW have great quality. However, I have decided to return it because I need a Full Kit for front and rear. I purchases the Tireman kit. Also great quality. They also came with the oval rubber support (x2) for the outer wheel.

Both kits are great. I have seen both kits. Just a matter of preference on which kit you want.

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Great....I think I have it figured out. CW price is pretty good for the rear duals. Need to find a set of fronts as they are not avail from CW.
Equal-i-zer 10K

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
The cap linked above is what I to in your other thread, V2B, Gator, Crocodile. And YES, you found the right set of Dually Valves.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Baja Man wrote:
as asked by ADOR.....any advantage to brass over chrome?

Also, the Borg ones have a round stabilizer that is placed in rim hole to stabilize the extension....the Tire Man ones do not.

Is this stabilizer much needed and why doesn't Tire man version not have them?

My tireman stems came with a stabilizer for the inner dually tire's valve stem.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Caps linked above are what I mentioned in Baja Man's other thread.

YES, adding one of those caps will let you check and add air with the shortest of metal stems.

FYI, it's the way Ford arranged the rim and the hole. You don't notice it with a short rubber valve, like Ford delivers with, because it'll flex enough to let you get a gauge and chuck onto it.

The Borg and Tire Man stems are made of Brass. So "Brass" is natural brass, and "Chrome" is chrome over brass. I think it's $10 additional. So my brass Dually Valves (Borg) are DL-1E. In Chrome, DL-1EC, which is what Camping World is selling.

I like the idea of the rubber Stabilizer. That inner stem is very long and that's a lot of unsupported weight. Which is why the Stabilizer goes in the OUTER wheel even though it's for the INNER valve.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

Baja_Man
Explorer
Explorer
as asked by ADOR.....any advantage to brass over chrome?

Also, the Borg ones have a round stabilizer that is placed in rim hole to stabilize the extension....the Tire Man ones do not.

Is this stabilizer much needed and why doesn't Tire man version not have them?
Equal-i-zer 10K

millerwd
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
gotsmart wrote:
j-d wrote:
Front and Spare can get by nicely on ordinary METAL valves. Just not the very shortest ones if it's Ford wheels. Stem needs to be about 2" to allow gauge/chuck to clear the rim.

On my E450 I added one of these to each front tire to extend the valves past the simulators. I bought them at Les Schwab for $1 USD each.

Those come standard on all 6 valve stems from Tire Man.
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done." T.R.(1891)