cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Man Valve Extenders for dual tires

Cooncatz
Explorer
Explorer
can anyone using Tire Man valve extenders for rear dual tires give me information on their performance? Are they worth the near $300 cost to have them installed?
50 REPLIES 50

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
leeper wrote:
Something that is not discussed about these long tire stems is that the chrome simulated wheel covers will not fit unless they are modified by notching the wheel cover hole larger in order to clear the new stems, or leave the covers off. Both ways do not look good when done. All the Ad photos show wheels without the simulated wheel covers.

That is odd here is a picture of Tire Man valve stems on a Ford Wheel with simulators and I see no cut out,they fit perfectly in the center of the hole.

That photo is of a larger oval hole. Mine are round and 8 of them.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
While I did have to notch a couple of the wheel simulators, it is not noticeable at all.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
leeper wrote:
Something that is not discussed about these long tire stems is that the chrome simulated wheel covers will not fit unless they are modified by notching the wheel cover hole larger in order to clear the new stems, or leave the covers off. Both ways do not look good when done. All the Ad photos show wheels without the simulated wheel covers.

That is odd here is a picture of Tire Man valve stems on a Ford Wheel with simulators and I see no cut out,they fit perfectly in the center of the hole.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

leeper
Explorer
Explorer
Something that is not discussed about these long tire stems is that the chrome simulated wheel covers will not fit unless they are modified by notching the wheel cover hole larger in order to clear the new stems, or leave the covers off. Maybe both ways do not look good when done. All the Ad photos show wheels without the simulated wheel covers.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Toot Mc wrote:
I was at Camping would here in Houston this morning. they now have the solid extenders for Ford & Chevy for all 4 rear wheels were 79$ this morning...!!!! I paid a lot more for mine 6 months ago on the internet.

I was at my Camping World and looked at them,they look kind of cheaply made.
I guess you get what you pay for,$80 at Camping World,$120 on his website, they are all making money so I really wonder what they cost when they are made in china.

They are made in CHINA.Note the Part #

Glad I got the Made in The USA Tire Man valve stems.I never scrimp on things that may fail and cause major damage or an accident.
Buying A Rental Class C

Toot_Mc
Explorer
Explorer
I was at Camping would here in Houston this morning. they now have the solid extenders for Ford & Chevy for all 4 rear wheels were 79$ this morning...!!!! I paid a lot more for mine 6 months ago on the internet. I put new Michelins on my Coach House E-450 Ford and Discount tire installed the new solid stems for nothing, and they were balanced when all was done. I have put about 2000 miles on them and they are great, so very much easer to check the air because they are solid to put air hose and check the pressure. the rubber donut that fits into outside rim stabilizes the inside duel valve stem.

Next I plan on putting a pressure/temp system on all my Motor home and Towd so I can have live readings on all my Tires.
Coach House 261 XL Platinum
2009 Lincoln MKX AWD
2005 Honda CRV AWD
Airforce1 towd Brake system
2011 VESPA GTV 300
US Navy 1954->62, EM-1, USS Boxer CVA-21, USS Essex CVA-9

cruising_spud
Explorer
Explorer
We are on the East coast. Tireman is on the West coast. I called him and ordered valve extenders for our rv. He sent them and our local garage installed them. They have been great.
Kathy

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
The photo above of the brass set from Tire Man is THE WAY to go, period!!! You won't regret the investment.

dicknellen
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had Borg on my e-350 since Jan. 2014, very happy with them and no problems. Can check and air up all tires in ten minutes. Dick

PenMan
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Tire Man valve extenders on my truck for several years and they work great. I would never have a dually without them.
Chris and Jane
2013 Open Range Journeyer JT337RLS
2006 Dodge Ram 3500, 4x4, Crew Cab, DRW, 5.9 turbo diesel
1996 Harley Davidson Electraglide

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here's Borg (Bill Falkenborg) Duallyvalve (TM) contact info:
This is what we have, a rear set only, and they've been nothing short of wonderful. We have Borg because they're what I found first. I went to a commercial truck shop and they recommended Six Robblees and 6R carried the Borg (Duallyvalve) product. Kit was four Valves, two rubber Supports for the inner valves, LocTite and Install Instructions. At the time 6R's price was about half of retail.
Had my valves installed by the auto hobby shop at the local Navy base. It was an adventure. They'd do the tire work but not on the RV, so I put the coach up on stands, pulled all the wheels, and carted them to base in our van. I think the price worked out to $14 per wheel.
Later, I was doing brake work and found it was time for tires. Since I had all four rears off, I pulled the fronts and carted them to Discount (America's) Tire. They were willing to work the RV, I just chose to bring them the wheels so I could stay busy on the brakes.
In the process I bent one of the long inner valves. I'd never called Borg but searched out a phone number, called and told him what happened. He expressed a replacement valve cross country and I had it the next afternoon.
Great product, great service.
I went into this detail because I don't want you thinking Borg pays me or I'm anti-anybody-else. Just my very favorable experience.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

DAS26miles
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm waiting until I have to buy a new set of Michellins which only last 3-4 years here in SoCal. (OZONE). Then I will pick up a set of rear dually stems from Borg Tire supply local and have the tire shop install them with the new tires and balance. Only the rears, as all the stems are metal. Labor is only $20 to install the stems. Otherwise, you can pay $75 a tire to install and rebalance.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
One tire failure can cost you plenty for repair of damage done by flailing steel belt to underside parts of your rig not to mention possible loss of control. Spending $270 for Tire Man set of six valves and installation seems reasonable due to the price of brass. In 2004 we had a truck tire shop make us up and install solid brass valve stems on all six wheels for around $200, call around explain what you want clearly and get estimates.

(Correction $200)

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did the same thing Gotsmart did. The air-through caps (again with a "pusher" inside) gave me just the right additional reach. Coach now has nine of them. Four rear, two front, one spare and two on Air Bag inflate valves.
NAPA has the caps on their browsing racks.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
gotsmart wrote:
j-d wrote:
Front and Spare can get by nicely on ordinary METAL valves. Just not the very shortest ones if it's Ford wheels. Stem needs to be about 2" to allow gauge/chuck to clear the rim.

On my E450 I added one of these to each front tire to extend the valves past the simulators. I bought them at Les Schwab for $1 USD each.

Those come standard on all 6 valve stems from Tire Man.
Buying A Rental Class C