cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

tires and good service

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

Hi all. About a month ago I was on a trip with my family. On the way home the passenger's inside dual failed. I stopped and called CAA. It took an hour for them to arrive--and the truck sent didn't have a big enough jack.

However they sent another vehicle--and he was able to replace the destroyed tire. He was smart enough to check the driver's side--and told me I would never make the destination with that tire.

A third tow truck with a flat bed was called and they moved me direct to the tire dealership 212 kilometres away.

I always do a wheel alignment after I get new tires--and the Ford dealership checked the vehicle over--and I needed new front brakes.

This could have been an extremely dangerous situation. Instead it merely took some extra time.

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.
4 REPLIES 4

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Do you know if we still have the old archives from RV.NET?

They were very valuable.

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

Hi NBrybdraRet,

Yes but you will need to use the search function to find them as they did not keep the original "topics"

Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II

Hi MNtundraRet,

Many of the forums have been melded together. They have chosen to do so by area--so there is a midwest, and a pacific and etc.

The search engine does work--and they are still "building" the various forums. If you can remember some words or titles then you may find your "home away from home" again.

Seasons Greetings!

Regards, Don

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

This may be off topic, but you are one of the people I knew on the old Open Road forum. Does that still exist? It was still there about 2 weeks ago.

MNtundraRet

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29