2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS
20 REPLIES 20

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I have been using the 19.5 Double Coins for many years. There is many truckers that use them.
I have also used the Toyos.
The Double Coins seem to hold up a little better. The tire pressures are somewhat different then the Toyos.
I do not think they are that much less then the Toyos.
Make sure you check the dates before any tires are installed. The Double Coins had a much better date then the Toyos and far better then Michelins.
I will not run Michelins on anything. I did not care for the side flex.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I have an opinion!

The Double Coin tires are fine. I had a set of 19.5's on the fronts and they lasted for 36,000 miles just fine. No worse than the other brands I've used. The ride was fine too. They were very inexpensive so I was happy with the mileage I got from them. I did check the company out and they've been in business since the 1930's and have a good rep in Europe for their truck tire lines.

The stories you've probably heard about Chinese tires generally came from the OEM versions of tires used on trailers (I don't recall the brand, but pretty sure it wasn't Double Coin). And yeah, those were junk (I think they've fixed that issue now).
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two ratings on site...3 out of 5 and slightly more than 3 out of 5. Your call.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
Just went through the "replace tires" thing for my MH. I did tons of research and came up with TOYO tires to save a little over the Goodyears or Michelins. I'm totally satisfied with my purchase. My though is that the Goodyear or Michelin name drives price up somewhat. I'm not saying they are not an excellent tire; but it does not mean there are not other excellent choices. I looked at the DC tires as well, could not find enough info on them.

Good luck with your choice.
2014 Allegro 36LA

wvabeer
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
No offense but with the reputation of Chinese made tires, do you really want to take a chance on an obscure tire brand like that?
Just saying.

That's why I'm asking, sometimes cheap doesn't always mean bad. Sometimes.
1999 Dutch Star DP3884
2015 Camplite 6.8C
2012 Cherokee 39L destination
2022 F350 XL 4x4
07 FLHRS

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
No offense but with the reputation of Chinese made tires, do you really want to take a chance on an obscure tire brand like that?
Just saying.