cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toad 2015 Honda Fit

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Our next Tow Vehicle is going to be a Honda Fit! The DW was reading an article to me off the internet that was saying the 2015 Honda Fit cannot be towed all 4 down? Has anyone on RV.Net heard of this or anything different?
9 REPLIES 9

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
demoon wrote:
I will be shocked if the CVT transmission can be towed four down. I believe every other car that has one is an unqualified no.

Ford C-Max and Fusion have CVTs and are towable four down. My 2013 C-Max is coming up to 40,000 miles. It tows easily.

Bounderbob
Explorer
Explorer
The owners manual also says the Auto Trans is not towable!
Bob
Allegro Open Road CA32

pierandpatti
Explorer
Explorer
YES! 2015 HONDA FIT - MANUAL TRANSMISSION IS TOWABLE. Page 308 of the 2015 Honda Fit Owner's Manual specifically states how to tow the 2015 MANUAL TRANSMISSION Honda Fit behind a motorhome. See http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/AH/A5A1515OM/enu/5A1515OM.pdf#page=309

gsander1
Explorer
Explorer
demoon wrote:
I will be shocked if the CVT transmission can be towed four down. I believe every other car that has one is an unqualified no.
Ford CMax Hybrid and Energi are towable with a CVT.
George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna

demoon
Explorer
Explorer

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
Actually, that information has not been released (I have been working with the staff guy at FMCA to get the final Honda ruling).

With tomorrow being the release date for introducing the vehicle, I suspect a copy of the owners manual will be available for viewing VERY shortly.

If you see one, would love to have a copy of that page (at least the official owners manual is what I would view as the proper source-- not some salesman's answer).

It is possible that the manual transmission may be towable, while the CVT may not be-- just my guess. But, the Honda legal department may have other ideas.
Thanks Brett, I'll be watching when Honda releases that info. May have to buy a 2014?

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
One big change on the 15 Fit, according the Honda website, is changes to the transmissions available, both NEW for 15. 6sp Manual transmission and the automatic, Continously Variable Transmission CVT.
Transmissions are one of the biggest deciding factors on whether or not a car is towable 4 wheels down. We will have to see what Honda says about recreational towing.

Beverley and Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Actually, that information has not been released (I have been working with the staff guy at FMCA to get the final Honda ruling).

With tomorrow being the release date for introducing the vehicle, I suspect a copy of the owners manual will be available for viewing VERY shortly.

If you see one, would love to have a copy of that page (at least the official owners manual is what I would view as the proper source-- not some salesman's answer).

It is possible that the manual transmission may be towable, while the CVT may not be-- just my guess. But, the Honda legal department may have other ideas.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
with a man trans or CVT trans? I think the man trans is ok but I have heard no on the CVT
2009 Challenger