cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

transmisson

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2006 HR Vacationer on a workhorse chassis. I have had it for two weeks now and I am changing all the fluids, filters etc. and was I don't know if I have the 1000 or 2100 Transmission. It is a 5 speed Allison. I would appreciate any help on this.

Thanks in advance.
Ken
8 REPLIES 8

Valkyriebush
Explorer II
Explorer II
Transsyn still has to be changed on the regular schedule after the first time it was switched, then it's good for the extended service mileage on that service. I was told this on my 3000 Allison.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

donhoward49
Explorer
Explorer
If it already has Transend, the two time flush probably is not necessary, The one time change might not be necessary. What ever makes you feel comfortable. I might just change the spin on filter, its pretty much a sealed environment in the transmission..
Donnt forget to go have fun.

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
Since it has Transend Synthetic in it already, Would I need to change it twice?
According to the files I have on it it already had trasend in it, I am changing because it sat so much.

donhoward49
Explorer
Explorer
To do the Allison correctly you need to change it to Transend (SP) Synthetic. Do a search on this forum, and IRV2.com, for "Allison fluids change". The step by step is to drain, change filter, fill, drive it 25 miles, then change fluid & filter again. Very costly but the only way to get all the old fluid changed.
Don

PeoriaKen
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys very helpful

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Go here and register your WH chassis and the print-out will tell you about all of your major systems. Workhorse registration

Blaster_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Get the number off the trans and call Allison, they are very helpful.
2014 American Eagle

bullydogs1
Explorer
Explorer
If the trans is a conventional column shift, then you have the 1000, if it is a pushbutton shift, then it is the 2100..
Stuart and Stella Denning
2016 Entegra Aspire 42RBQ
The 3 Bulldogs (Daisy, Sylvie and Stashie)
2018 Equinox Diesel (TOAD)