Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV Cabnet

CARBONE
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All
Have a 2001 Winnebago Advenchar, need some Ideas to fill the front TV hole, took out swivel char behind pas seat, put a elect fireplace & 47" flat TV on top. any help
Thanks
AL
6 REPLIES 6

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
I used the trim piece from around the tv, fabric over luan board attached to the frame, hinged it at the top...now have a very nice compartment storage area. I also lined the inside first.

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
DC&MC wrote:
I think I'd pay a cabinet maker to make it look good. Or maybe just try to find matching cabinet doors and make it a nice large cabinet
X-2

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd just go by a local cabinet shop. You never know they may just have the perfect thing sitting there not knowing what to do with it. They'll most likely have solutions for you.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
You may be able to order a door from Winnebago that would cover the hole. I'd measure the hole and call them.

You also could look inside the pantry and see if you have a finished shelf that matches that could be a cover for the hole.

You could even make your own door and cover it with carpet, fabric or vinyl.

I robbed a door from the cabinet above the side window and I mounted a TV in front of that side cabinet. The door fit right over where the old TV was mounted and we use the area for storage.

rekoj71
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to assume its trimmed out already with the old trim from around the TV. If so and you are having a hard time swallowing the cost of having a custom size door made and finished to match, I might suggest a net type material fastened around the lower half of the opening and a bungee run through the top edge of the net and fastened to both sides and then put board games or other OK to see stuff behind it. The net material and bungee can be bought from most craft/fabric stores.

If you want some type of door to utilize it more like a cabinet but still can't make it match the other doors you might try purposefully making it not match and make it look like it was meant to be different by making the door out of a chalk board or dry erase board or picture frame or have a map placed on it, or maybe make the door out of tinted glass.

DC_MC
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think I'd pay a cabinet maker to make it look good. Or maybe just try to find matching cabinet doors and make it a nice large cabinet
2006 Mandalay 40E motorcoach
2017 Ram PU
2017 Harley Road King
Home base Yuma AZ