cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under Seat Fuze Box

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2004 Chevrolet Express 3500 Chassis on my motor home. The electric mirrors do not work. I found the owner's manual on the internet and believe I know where the fuze is.

However, the fuzes are under the driver's seat in a plastic box. The box has a lift up top that stops when it hits the seat so I can't open it.

Does anyone know how I get access to the fuze box under the driver's seat without totally removing the seat itself?
5 REPLIES 5

Farmboy666
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 07 express and the cover has 2 tabs but pops off. If it didn't I would make so it did.The top would probably sit back on without a problem but a velcro strap would work to attach.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good to hear,thanks for coming back with the solution and the outcome!
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
Got the seat off and checked the fuses. They seemed OK. Went back to check at the driver's door for the connections. It appears that there was a loose wire somewhere. Electric mirrors are working now. But, I now know how to access the fuses - and also noticed that the fuses are smaller than the standard ones.

Cobra21
Explorer
Explorer
A friend has the long Chev. van. We got his cover off and were able to check his fuses alright. The express van may be a bit tighter. What works in one may not in another. They sometimes just don't think.
Brian

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only way that I could find was to take the 4 nuts out and pull the seat out
Chevy engineer did a lot of nice things as far as getting to the
headlights and shocks but this is one bonehead move.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C