cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ventilating fan

learningacrossa
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 1985 Travel Queen and I am pretty sure that the roof fan is the original one that came with the rig. The switch has started to malfunction and it squeals like crazy (even after lubricating)and at this point I would just like to replace the fan. I can not find anything on the net to just replace the fan everything I am finding is to replace the whole system. I don't want to replace the vent on the roof I just want a fan replacement. Any ideas where to look for this? It is a 12 volt fan and I have googled every word combo I can think of and all I get are full replacement systems. Ideas anyone?

Thanks,
Brian
Driving the vintage 1985 Travel Queen.
6 REPLIES 6

ets1996
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new motor for my bathroom fan last fall at CW good luck

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Both vent fans on my '84 Allegro were inoperative. I replaced the motors with replacement units from etrailer.com and the push-button switches from Lowe's. There is not a lot of variety in fan styles back then - chances are you have some sort of Ventline product.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
We have the vortex I and as mentioned it is a bit noisy. Not overwhelming, but if it wasn't in the bathroom I'd want it quieter. The positive is this baby moves some air! Also, installation was a breeze. About the only thing you have to remove is the inside trim. Also, it is a fraction of the cost of the fantastic fan.

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
There are various choices and it depends on how much work you want to do.

The easiest is the VORTEX FANS. They screw right into the bottom. I have not used the Vortex II but the Vortex (I) is noisy enough that I would not use it in any place other than the bath and then not if it is right next to an etertainment area.

My pref. is the FANTASTIC FAN. Quiet and plenty of air movement. Takes about 2 hours to remove the old vent, on the roof, and replace it witht e FF. You will need putty knife, screwdriver and DICOR self-leveling lap. Think about putting the FF vent covers on while doing this. They work great for the FF to open up completely.

Good luck and have fun.

learningacrossa
Explorer
Explorer
I may be able to use one of these but the switch is now non-op and so I need to replace the switch also. I was hoping for an all in one but I think I am going to have to buy the motor and switch separately. Thanks for the link though!
Driving the vintage 1985 Travel Queen.