cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning - Stop Engine Light

Blue9093
Explorer
Explorer
We've recently inherited our deceased father's 2001 Monaco Diplomat (40' Diesel) motorhome. Several times during the process of building up air brake pressure, the Warning - Stop Engine light will turn on. Shutting down and restarting the motorhome will commence building up pressure until fully aired up. If allowed to idle before moving the motorhome, the lights will appear again and the motorhome is in "Limp Home Mode". (30-35 mph). If the motorhome is started and run before the lights turn on, it runs perfectly (until you stop again and have to start the whole procedure over!). I believe my father had this problem before and had all the fuel filters changed out and that was the last I heard of HIM having a problem, but here it is again....Any ideas for us? We need to sell this rig but I want to resolve this problem first!
2 REPLIES 2

wallynm
Explorer
Explorer
X2 and given what ( no offense implied) I perceive your knowledge base is I would look here for a dealer in your area.

Service

wolfe10 wrote:
Check batteries and their connections. Both engine and transmission have computers that are voltage sensitive.

If batteries and connections are good, take it by a Cummins dealer to download the codes.
Have a Diesel Engine Diesel RV Club

Have a Freightliner FCOC Web Page

Living on the memories now
EX 02 DSDP 3567
EX 99 Coachmen
EX 86 Georgie Boy
EX 75 Winnie
EX 72 Sightseer
EX 68 Brave

THOSE THAT DO NOT KNOW HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Check batteries and their connections. Both engine and transmission have computers that are voltage sensitive.

If batteries and connections are good, take it by a Cummins dealer to download the codes.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/