cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Noise

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so I am driving at highway speed and I hear this sound like someone poured out a jar of BB's on the hardwood floor and them rolling down the floor. I actually turned around and looked! Everything seemed normal, and I thought maybe it was underneath so after I got stopped and set up I crawled under and looked things over. I Didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Thoughts?
2006 Fleetwood Expedition 38n
300 Cat Engine (MP-8 Performance Module)
Retired US Navy SCPO
16 REPLIES 16

acker1
Explorer
Explorer
I was driving my PU truck and was hearing an intermittent "boing, boing, boing" sound. Couldn't figure it out. Went on for over an hour and I finally stopped at a dealer and had the service writer check it out. Of course it didn't do it then. Drove home, got in house and there it was again. It was my hearing aids pinging each other! Time for new ones!!!

DICK
40' 2010 Phaeton QTH
toad--2013 GMC Sierra Crew Cab pickup 4X4
Viet Vet '65, Ia Drang Valley survivor (We Were Soldiers)
Elks
www.4ezdaz.com Same site, different URL

kennyzzz
Explorer
Explorer
🙂 just trying to help
on my pickup truck 1500 2008 4x4 chevy
so i started to hear a noise every once in a while sounding like bells ringing, very low hard to hear type sound.. well after couple months it's loud that a can hear it. but it was not their all the time, just every once in a while i would hear it. so i check everything in the front of engine. ie axle fluid , shafts for play, nothing seems out of wack ... so time for oil change . tell the mechanic about the noise.

it turned to be catalytic converter exhaust connector rings rusted and when the got hot would make the noise . sounded like muted wind chimes. I was worried it the the fly wheel because that was were it seemed to be coming from..
ps I never went under the truck when it was running or hot to check out the noise.
just sharing my experience with a strange vehicle noise .
Chevy 2008 1500 X-cab 5.3 373 posi 4x4 z-71
2003 jayco quest 190 4059 lbs.
2004 Northern light 8.5

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
You may discover what it was when you open a cabinet! May have been something inside one that was knocked around and let loose its contents.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

RedJeep
Explorer
Explorer
Halmfamily wrote:
I'd perform an exorcism just to be safe.

X2
2008 Georgetown DS350 Class A
Wife, kids, dog and cat

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
Mice with tap-dancing shoes on?

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
AllegroD wrote:
I'm thinking it might be a jar of BB's on the hardwood floor.

I know right, didnt have any on board though. :h
Retired US Navy SCPO

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
Passin Thru wrote:
Probably loose asphalt. It is sticky and will make that noise. Be glad it wasn't a funny noise like "HA HA!"

Now.that is a possibility! Lets call it that.
Retired US Navy SCPO

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
I'm thinking it might be a jar of BB's on the hardwood floor.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Probably loose asphalt. It is sticky and will make that noise. Be glad it wasn't a funny noise like "HA HA!"

Fleetwood_Coupl
Explorer
Explorer
Well it didnt sound like it was on rhe roof, and it happened while driving, not after first taking off. Who knows i guess, should be lucky nothing is broke i guess. Juat had me worried.
Retired US Navy SCPO

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Did you check the cabinets?
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
I was driving down the freeway once and all the sudden heard this smashing noise on the roof that sounded like somebody was up there with a baseball bat trying to smash through the roof. It was loud enough to scare the heck out of me and I immediately pulled over to the side of the road. It turned out to be the metal radio antenna that a screw had come loose and it was laying sideways a few inches off the roof and the wind was causing it to buffet and hit the roof. I couldn't believe how loud it was able to sound inside the motorhome because I would not have guessed for a second that's what it was.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I'd perform an exorcism just to be safe.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a one time thing? Something on the roof.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.